A Big Congratulations to you Magic! :cheers

You will be in for the ride of your life, rest assured. :thumbsup

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Congrats Magic. Having made many business trips to Jakarta and environs, not taking the car there is a smart move...even without considering the luxury tax. Indonesia, Alaska and Woodlands....per chance do you work for an oil comany or related company? If so, we may have crossed paths.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
You can't have too many FGTs

Was out and about in Jakarta on Saturday and saw a yellow FGT and just had to have it so I bought it.:banana Yellow with black stripe, LHD, but no other options. Took a bit of negotiations with the seller, but I think I got it for a fair price. Only FGT he had and only one I've seen in Jakarta.

Since I've purchased my first FGT (Heritage) from Shelby a couple of weeks ago my senses have been tuned to looking out for GT's in Jakarta. Didn't expect to see one over here as Japanese and European exotic cars are the ones you see out and about. Not sure how I’m going to drive it so will probably just keep at the house to admire along with my other cars.

As Paul Harvey used to say and now the Rest of the Story -- I currently have a collection of approximately 285 cars, all British ranging, from MG, Jaguar, Triumph, Bentley, Aston Martin, Austin Healy, Lotus, TVR and of course Land Rover at my house. Since I don’t drive in Jakarta and had to leave my two project cars back in the States, I decided the next best thing was to collect British Cars. The problem is I cannot drive any of these as none go under their own power. You have to push them to move them around. By now your probably wondering what is this guy smoking? Well my current car collection in Jakarta consists of die cast model cars. Scale ranges from 1:18 down to Matchbox size and even smaller with the majority of my collection in the 1:43 scale. Surprisingly there are a few dealers in Jakarta that deal strictly in die cast cars and so I spend some Saturdays browsing from shop to shop. This last Saturday I spotted the yellow FGT and decided since I now own an FGT that I’ve only seen in a couple of pictures (Shelby – need more pictures of my car, please:eek) to start collecting FGT models. I also bought a Ford GT MK II racing version so I guess I could say I now have both old and new GT’s in my collection. The yellow FGT is a 1:18 scale AutoArt produced model. Not sure if a Heritage Livery scale model is produced, but will be looking. Plans are to bring this collection back to the States and display when I build my dream garage. Don’t think the wife will allow much space in the house for model cars.

I’m regularly reading the posts on the forum and cannot wait to get back, get my car and start participating in events with other forum members. In the mean time I’ll continue my search for FGTs in Jakarta and if I find one you can be sure I’m going to add to my collection. It appears that you cannot have too many FGTs sitting around even if all you can do is just look and dream.:cheers

Magic :driving:

Attachments

• _MG_7444_web.jpg
    _MG_7444_web.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 180
  • _MG_7448_Web.jpg
    _MG_7448_Web.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 176
Aug 25, 2006
Very cool

Welcome to the fold

All the best

Shadowman

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
Your model collection of Brit cars sound pretty nice and if you ever want to see some of the scary HI-PO TVRs in the "Real" when you return to the states, simply PM me. Would love to see some pic's of your collection, in particular the TVR's, now very rare beasties!
Welcome to the group. I, too, dealt with Shelby a few years ago purchasing my black/no stripe car...a good experience!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
man you had me going for a second, 285 :lol nice!

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Sorry Soroush,

Couldn't help myself with a little fun:wink

I know my wife gets tired going to all the model shops in Jakarta. Maybe that's why she gave me the green light to get a real car when asked about purchasing the FGT from Shelby. Only way to keep my fingers in cars while I'm here. Jakarta does have a couple of Classic Car Shows every year, but see the same cars at each show so not much variety. They do have an active Ferrari and Lambo group who do drive their cars once in awhile out on the road. Have never seen an FGT on the road.

Singapore is the place to go to see the hot cars in SE Asia. Wife once saw a Pink Zonda parked at the Regent Hotel and the doorman said it was a $200K special paint job on the car. Walked by one house in Singapore and counted at least 5 supercars parked in their side carport. Tool a picture through the gate before the guard started checking out what I was doing. Will post later if I can find the picture.

Magic:driving: