new Ford GT down the 1/4 Mile and a race vs an Aventador...

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
finally got it done.... did everything I could to get the best time, private rental, good weather, fresh prep, etc... it's a bit weird that I have done 0-60 in 3.1 on the street with a little spin, seems like the car wasn't ready to dead hook, it seemed to bog a bit when you watch the gauge view... capable of a 10.4x with some tweaks to the launch, etc...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87oTeUPxzys

[video=youtube;87oTeUPxzys]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87oTeUPxzys[/video]

Last edited:

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Awesome! Solid runs from the Ford GT!! I loved seeing it pull on the Huracan. Way to go and thanks for sharing.

What an amazing car!

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
me too, but it lost vs my Huracan... :(

Awesome! Solid runs from the Ford GT!! I loved seeing it pull on the Huracan. Way to go and thanks for sharing.

What an amazing car!

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
me too, but it lost vs my Huracan... :(

Oops! Good catch Brooks. I misspoke! It definitely pulled on the Aventador! I clearly have Ford GT on the brain...

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
I agree with you that it seems like with a little more RPM and tweaking of the launch parameters, it might launch harder with the risk of losing some traction. The top end acceleration is impressive. But it's no surprise to any of us when we were trying to catch the NGT on track in Utah last year. Blisteringly quick!

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Great work as always Brooks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
adjustable launch RPM would be awesome like the BMWs have... a 4,000 RPM launch that night would have been killer...

I agree with you that it seems like with a little more RPM and tweaking of the launch parameters, it might launch harder with the risk of losing some traction. The top end acceleration is impressive. But it's no surprise to any of us when we were trying to catch the NGT on track in Utah last year. Blisteringly quick!

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Agreed. Then it would seriously challenge your Huracan!

Although we all know that the NGT has already won in so many other ways :)

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I thought in the VMax mode the wing stays down for straight line racing? Guess I am wrong again.

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
It stays down while accelerating, but will go up after you let off, airbrake mode to help slow down....

I thought in the VMax mode the wing stays down for straight line racing? Guess I am wrong again.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Thanks for the clarification. also, it looks like the LC mode can be used in more than one drive mode, is that correct?

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
yes, you can launch in sport and track as well...

Thanks for the clarification. also, it looks like the LC mode can be used in more than one drive mode, is that correct?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
It's amazing as it is a V-6 designed to win high speed, long track endurance races. It's a chassis (aero) car & not a hot rod. But I love seeing it do these things! Thanks FikseGT!

Ed

PS Endurance races, car shows, drag strips, drifting, highway cruising - the NGT can do it all!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Nice videos! You are a video master!
Love watching the GT kicking butt!
Its really a track king!
We need to get on a road course!

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
thanks! I had the GT out at Homestead Miami Speedway, but left after a Gallardo in front of me hit the wall...

Nice videos! You are a video master!
Love watching the GT kicking butt!
Its really a track king!
We need to get on a road course!

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Brooks. Glad to see you got your car back from Dave!!!! Lol. Great videos! .as always! Thanks. Love your channel and son is now addicted to it as well!