New FGT to be offered to original owners?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
No brainer.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
If I recall you got your car as a second owner? So how long was your purchase after production started? + or - 4 years? Point being 4 years could be AOK. If this car is as good as it seems to be, that would be a pretty easy question to answer, and in fact DBK just did.

But if the rumor is true and you had to wait until the end of the production run (4 years) would you wait?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
If I recall you got your car as a second owner? So how long was your purchase after production started? + or - 4 years? Point being 4 years could be AOK. If this car is as good as it seems to be, that would be a pretty easy question to answer, and in fact DBK just did.

Let's assume that the rumor purchase program is at MSRP. The point of my question is who would be willing to wait for a shot vs. moving forward with a high-ADM purchase if the opportunity arose? Would a maybe later be offset by a "here and now, for a higher price"?

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
It's all true.

With an important stipulation that new GT's will be offered in order of vin#, first serving MY2005 and then MY2006, until supply is exhausted. :wink

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I would wait however long. I cant and wont play the ADM game. If I never get one, it will be what it is, and it wasn't "meant to be". Paid sticker for our 05 in October of 2005, and it was not planned. I stumbled upon it at a local dealer, and it happened. That was an example of when it was "meant to be".

Let's assume that the rumor purchase program is at MSRP. The point of my question is who would be willing to wait for a shot vs. moving forward with a high-ADM purchase if the opportunity arose? Would a maybe later be offset by a "here and now, for a higher price"?

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I would wait however long. I cant and wont play the ADM game. If I never get one, it will be what it is, and it wasn't "meant to be".

Agreed

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
totally agree with the above

2fast4u

FORD GT OWNER
Feb 9, 2006
MA and GA
as far as this goes.. I know Ford head quarters is giving out allocations to certain lucky and well connected people . I am not one of those people but I know 2 people who are lucky enough to get a car. One of them said I will take it and the other passed on it .. If you are on Fords list good for you, if you are not good luck getting one.. It's just the way it is... 1000 cars doesn't go very far. I hope we can get to talk to someone at the rally that can help those who are not well connected to get a New GT even if it is a 2020 make... IF they say write a check today for 100k deposit on a 2020 .. I will do it without a blink ..

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...The point of my question is who would be willing to wait for a shot vs. moving forward with a high-ADM purchase if the opportunity arose?

Not that anyone here attaches any significance whatsoever to my stance on the subject - NO...I wouldn't be interested in EITHER case...especially the "high-ADM" scenario. :mad

'Sorry, guys...but as I've opined before, the new FGT is V6 powered. 'Not my cup of tea regardless of price...and regardless of the reason it's so-powered.

I ain't 'walking back' my position on that even a millimeter...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Not that anyone here attaches any significance whatsoever to my stance on the subject - NO...I wouldn't be interested in EITHER case...especially the "high-ADM" scenario. :mad

'Sorry, guys...but as I've opined before, the new FGT is V6 powered. 'Not my cup of tea regardless of price...and regardless of the reason it's so-powered.

The defense will stipulate that the poster, for a variety of reasons, is not interested in owning the new Ford GT under any circumstance.

81GNdMj.gif

This poor horse was immolated, buried, dug up, pissed on, skinned, sprayed with machine gun fire, ran under a stump grinder, made glue, resurrected and then had the process repeated endlessly with the old car. Please, for the love of all that is holy, let us not repeat it with the new car.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006

Personally, I don't get why folks care of it is V6 or V4 or V whatever powered. If the performance is there, it is there.
In addition, car certainly looks amazing!

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The defense will stipulate that the poster, for a variety of reasons, is not interested in owning the new Ford GT under any circumstance.

81GNdMj.gif

This poor horse was immolated, buried, dug up, pissed on, skinned, sprayed with machine gun fire, ran under a stump grinder, made glue, resurrected and then had the process repeated endlessly with the old car. Please, for the love of all that is holy, let us not repeat it with the new car.

????????????????????????????????!

Sheeeeeeeeze! Are you kiddin' me, Dave?!

'Guess I musta crossed the 'group think' boundary a tad bit there, huh...

'Going to my room now...

And, in case I'm put on a 'permanent vacation' for having said what I said, 'been great knowing 99% of y'all. 'Mean that, gents (and ladies ).

'Pockets

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Personally, I don't get why folks care of it is V6 or V4 or V whatever powered. If the performance is there, it is there.

'Personal preference/prejudices/history/generation factors, jax. That's all.

But, I totally agree with ya as far as the car's LOOKS! It's just plain s-t-u-n-n-i-n-g.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

'Guess I musta crossed the 'group think' boundary a tad bit there, huh...:facepalm:

'Going to my room now... :bored

And, in case I'm put on a 'permanent vacation' for having said what I said, 'been great knowing 99% of y'all. 'Mean that, gents (and ladies :wink).

'Pockets

No, I'm not kidding at all, and it has nothing to do with "group think."

For many years, your primary GT-related contribution on this website has been repeatedly explaining why you are glad you sold and don't own the prior gen GT. You've now successfully established that you also don't want the new one. For the sake of those who are actually interested in the products this website is dedicated to, please, let's call it mission accomplished.

Matt

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2012
Tampa, FL

'Guess I musta crossed the 'group think' boundary a tad bit there, huh...

'Going to my room now...

And, in case I'm put on a 'permanent vacation' for having said what I said, 'been great knowing 99% of y'all. 'Mean that, gents (and ladies ).

'Pockets

That's all it took?

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Car certainly looks amazing!
All arguments should stop with this perfect statement. Performance, stunning and a Ford.

No other reason to discuss other than those that can afford and those that can not and that has no bearing on my (or probably any of the rest of us) opinion on any of you. If you have the means and it is offered, for the love of God BUY IT. I personally will be stoked for you.

Vince H

Matt

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2012
Tampa, FL

For many years, your primary GT-related contribution on this website has been repeatedly explaining why you are glad you sold and don't own the prior gen GT. You've now successfully established that you also don't want the new one. For the sake of those who are actually interested in the products this website is dedicated to, please, let's call it mission accomplished.

Agreed 100%

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

For many years, your primary GT-related contribution on this website has been repeatedly explaining why you are GLAD YOU SOLD and don't own the prior gen GT.

Seriously?

'Care to provide proof of that?

I have repeatedly stated HERE and elsewhere that my FGT was THEEEEEE most outrageous car I've ever owned, built, ridden in or SEEN in my life. It still IS. I loved #1079. Were it not for a "Twilight Zone" moment I experienced (and TRUST ME - I ain't gunna 'splain that HERE or anywhere else...to anyone...at any TIME...for ANY reason) - I'd still own it.

You're ALL WET on this one, Mr. B. Seriously. You are. Yeeeeeeeewww obviously have NO freakin' idea AT ALL just HOW WET you are. :mad

Last edited:

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Dude, really?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006