New FGT Concept car?

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
My apologies if this has been posted before....

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 316

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
That's actually the Ford GT90, a design from 1994/1995. I remember this because it was a car I played in a computer game way back when.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_GT90

Goes to show how well they styled it though :thumbsup

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Correct Jason. GT90. Former design to the final Ford GT we now know. Looks to much like a Lambo for my liking. Also have a 1:18 model of this car so can confirm the info.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
IMO the best part of that rendering/photo are the wheels. We will have info on similar but more retro looking knock-off soon. :cheers

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
As some of you might know, our own Fred Goodnow ram rodded the GT90 project (engineering end of it anyway) He told me that because of the exhaust design, they had real problems with heat management. They ended up using the same heat tiles as on the space shuttle. It was a major headache getting the tiles, as big brother wanted to know what they were needed for. :thumbsup

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
I always liked that car too...

must be a Ford thing :biggrin

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Yep!! GT90

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I think it would almost break 30mph. When it came out it was as fantastic as the current GT models. I drooled and prayed that they would make it... tho in 94 I was driving a Camero and trying to finish up college. I don't think the trade-in value of my Camero would have covered the tax on my GT.

My how times change :biggrin

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Gt90

I worked on the GT90 with Fred. I did the stereo systems on the GT90 and the Indigo concept cars (and the GN34 before them).

When "Petunia" came around, I had moved from Audio Business Planning into Capacity Planning, so, I never got to input to the one that actually made it into production.

I for one am glad they moved from the "New Edge" look of the GT90 (you can see elements of it in some of Camillo's sketches) to the "retro" look of the production GT. The finished design is an absolute masterpiece - it looks like a GT40, yet subtly and skillfully updated. A timeless design that will surely look "modern" or "up to date" for many years to come.

Jeff

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
I'd gladly take one of each please :)
I was wild about the GT90 when it debuted. Just beautiful.
No substitute for our favorite, but a fantastic design.

I worked on the GT90 with Fred. I did the stereo systems on the GT90 and the Indigo concept cars (and the GN34 before them).

When "Petunia" came around, I had moved from Audio Business Planning into Capacity Planning, so, I never got to input to the one that actually made it into production.

I for one am glad they moved from the "New Edge" look of the GT90 (you can see elements of it in some of Camillo's sketches) to the "retro" look of the production GT. The finished design is an absolute masterpiece - it looks like a GT40, yet subtly and skillfully updated. A timeless design that will surely look "modern" or "up to date" for many years to come.

Jeff

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
That's actually the Ford GT90, a design from 1994/1995. I remember this because it was a car I played in a computer game way back when.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_GT90

Goes to show how well they styled it though :thumbsup

Jason then you will appreciate your spring trip. It's one of my cars you will be detailing.

Tom

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Jason then you will appreciate your spring trip. It's one of my cars you will be detailing.

Tom
GT90? What? Are you kidding?

Last edited:

Dan Schoneck

Permanent Vacation
Oct 31, 2007
Does John Veermersh have this car now? Thought i heard that.