New Daily Driver

sethgt

GT Owner
Mar 30, 2010
Always saving my white w/ blue stripe 2005 GT and black w/ creme interior BMW Z8 for NY/NJ weekends in dry climate, my daily driver has been the first generation Audi Allroad with a 6 speed manual transmission. I really love the car, as a daily driver when I commute to my office in New York City, just 15 miles over the George Washington bridge from where I live in New Jersey.
Every time I have thought about replacing the Audi, nothing on the market appealed to me, since my first priority is a manual gear box. I am old school, and enjoy shifting with three pedals, even in NY City traffic. I also love the concept of a station wagon, and the Allroad was my first. I finally decided on a replacement, and special ordered the car. The Cadillac CTS-V Sport Wagon in black Raven (not the disco metallic Black Diamond, but real black like my Z8. Titanium color leather Recaros, sunroof, and riding on black satin graphite wheels with yellow Brembo brake calipers. I also special ordered a black mesh CTS-V grille, and am having anything else that is chrome on the car turned black. I also bought an extra set of black OEM wheels with Pirelli winter tires mounted, since the car comes with Michelin Pilots that are not usable under 38 degrees. Build date is 2/28/2013. Of course the first priority was ordering the 6 speed manual transmission.
When I first told my wife that the replacement for the Audi was a Cadillac, she laughed and thought I was joking. In her mind the last cool Cadillac made was the 1959 Eldorado Biarritz convertible I drove around NYC in the early 90's when we were first dating. We visited a friend staying at the Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami this past December, and parked in front of the hotel, next to the Gallardos and 458 Italias (including a new spider) and a MP4-12 was an all blacked out CTS-V wagon. My wife wanted to know what that "Bad Ass" car was, and when I told her it was the Caddy, she said "Now I get it!".

AHudson

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2009
Alabama
What a fantastic choice of rides, all around. I nearly bought my wife an AllRoad when they came out, but we opted for something bigger and unmentionable. When the CTS-V Sportwagon appeared, I thought, "Man, that is fantastic, and Cadillac will sell like 4 of them." Looks like 3 are left! I LOVE the choice and know it will look quite sinister, while hauling almost as much as the bloated SUVs wondering why you're having so much fun driving and they're not.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I've still got my allroad as my daily. Same as you, 6 speed stick, all wheel drive, two turbos and a little chip for the ECU. Makes it hard to trade. I've looked at the S4 Avant, but I really want to keep that stick. Sure, DSG is probably better, faster etc, but I'm old school too. I am really tempted by the CTS-V, but not quite enough to make me jump from my Audi just yet. I do use my 911TTs as a summer daily, and save the GT for weekends, so the allroad does tend to be more of a winter car and family hauler. But I do love it.

Do tell more about your CTS-V when you've had some time with it. I'd like to hear.