New ACR runs 11.07 first time out!

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
I know a lot of you guys own Vipers and I just took my New ACR out to the track yesterday for the first time and I thought you might be interested. Its also the first time I have actually driven a Viper in about 3 years since I sold my Gen 11. The temps were in the mid 80's and traction was fair at best and to be honest I wasn't able to get the car out of the hole like I wanted as the 3.07's are tricky with the tall tires. All in all I was pretty happy as my worst run of about 10 I made was my first run and my first run in a Viper in 3 years. It turns out the 11.31 on my first run was close to or was the fastest ever made by a Bonestock Viper, but the rest of my runs were all faster! I ran several 11.2's and a couple of teens and my best was a 11.07 at close to 130mph. In good air about 30 degrees cooler and some driving practice on my part and I think 10.8 at about 132mph is very doable in as delivered condition! We have another track day coming up next month so I am expecting to do it then. Definately one Badass Car!
Here are the timeslips.

ACRtimeslips001.jpg

ACRtimeslips002.jpg

ACRtimeslips003.jpg

ACRtimeslips004.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
You are the baddest mother****in driver alive :lol

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Congratulations on your times! pilot sport cup tires are a pretty good tire. i run them on my viper ACR on the street and at 1 mile top speed shootouts as well as open road racing events. with a sea level density altitude you will definately see a 10 second pass.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Hell yeah !:cheers

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Way to go Jamie:willy Look forward to seeing you at MIR on the 26th of the month and maybe you can teach me a thing or two:thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
remind me to have a headache the next time we meet at the strip...
better yet, I will just leave her on the trailer..
Maker Mark Manhattans to a better driver than me... :)

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
You are the baddest mother****in driver alive :lol

Well I wouldn't go that far but thanks for the compliment!

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Impressive! I need an ACR.

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Impressive! I need an ACR.

+1. Hopefully by next week. hehehe

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
That's a great time considering it is setup as a road coarse car. Good job! :thumbsup

Have you adjusted the suspension yet?

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
No I haven't touched anything on the car.

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
Gooooood gaaaawd! Congratulations buddy.

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Jamie,
Great runs. :thumbsup Have you taken the GT out to the drag strip yet? If so, what times are you running?

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
Gooooood gaaaawd! Congratulations buddy.

Thanks my man! It was a little hot but Mark was actually with me for the first time since you left 2 years ago and we had a great time, we were laughing and telling the story of your old GTS when the other Jason bought it and you ran that 11.39 with DR's on it. I don't know if you remember but I told you if you ran a 30 something Mike Fraley would do a favor for you and we all cracked up when you ran it!

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
Jamie,
Great runs. :thumbsup Have you taken the GT out to the drag strip yet? If so, what times are you running?

Yes with a Heffner tune and pulley it went a best of 10.62 at 136 so far on the factory tires but I think it can do better yet still on the factory tire.

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
Thats a Great time.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Correct me if I'm wrong, but those are some truly bad ass times with a bone stock, stock tire car, right?:eek

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
Thanks my man! It was a little hot but Mark was actually with me for the first time since you left 2 years ago and we had a great time, we were laughing and telling the story of your old GTS when the other Jason bought it and you ran that 11.39 with DR's on it. I don't know if you remember but I told you if you ran a 30 something Mike Fraley would do a favor for you and we all cracked up when you ran it!

It seems to me that you all should move to Florida so we can start having some good times again.:cheers

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
Those are awesome times!

When my Dad was testing the ACR with Road and Track the engineer's actually recommended removing some of the aerodynamic aids such as the front splitter. Were these passes done in factory trim? Perhaps there is some more time in there just by removing some of the factory aero parts? Just a thought...

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
It seems to me that you all should move to Florida so we can start having some good times again.:cheers

I can't speak for those other boys, but you know that has always been my plan! And I will be there on the 12th to have some fun with you before I get down there permanently.