USA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7PS1UMUYek

dyno_071208.jpg

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
well your horsepower seems about right to me but your peak torque seems a lil low :shrug

your motor is running too rich above 4000 rpm's. you need to lean that motor out :thumbsup

i bet if you lean your motor out to 13:1 from 4000 rpm's and above you would put down 550 rwhp and 500 rwtq :cheers

here is a pic of my dyno graph. notice how my motor remains at 13:1 A/F ratio all the way through the RPM range.

scan0001-1.jpg

Last edited:

281cammer

Aug 20, 2008
Congrats Mark!! Your ACR is a badass ride!

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
For the mean time, no one has cracked the 2008's ECU yet so Mopar is close to coming out w/ an "offroad" unti. Heard rumors that along with Belanger headers, high flow cats and exhaust, it can get the '08s to crank out around 600RWHP with no other mods, not even an intake is needed, maybe just drop-in filters. Then strap on 3.54 gears for only a couple of grands, you'll have a monster of a track car - normally aspirated w/ no heat soak issues, adjustable suspension, adjustable aeros, excellent limited slip differential, great shifter. :thumbsup

Last edited:

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
well your horsepower seems about right to me but your peak torque seems a lil low :shrug

your motor is running too rich above 4000 rpm's. you need to lean that motor out :thumbsup

i bet if you lean your motor out to 13:1 from 4000 rpm's and above you would put down 550 rwhp and 500 rwtq :cheers

here is a pic of my dyno graph. notice how my motor remains at 13:1 A/F ratio all the way through the RPM range.

scan0001-1.jpg

Fast,
I just had my ACR dyno'd at DC Performance and the car barely broke 500 w/ A/F tapering to 10.5 to 1 in the upper ranges. What have you done to lean out the A/F? On the '08's, there isn't much that anyone can do to the car that I know of at this point. Is your dyno graph is for your '01? Or an '08?

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Fast,
I just had my ACR dyno'd at DC Performance and the car barely broke 500 w/ A/F tapering to 10.5 to 1 in the upper ranges. What have you done to lean out the A/F? On the '08's, there isn't much that anyone can do to the car that I know of at this point. Is your dyno graph is for your '01? Or an '08?

this is my dynograph. i dyno'd this tune in 2008 at Xtreme Motorsports in Tempe, Arizona. my viper is an '01 ACR. you need to crack the code on your computer. it seems to me that somehow or another your computer is not calculating the a/f ratios properly. it might just be out of scale or something. West Coast Viper in Temecula, California tuned my stock computer for me :thumbsup

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Maybe cot protection.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
the computer in the '08 viper is out of phase with the VVT camshaft. the computer has to be re-configured in a way that it is synchronyzed with VVT cam phasing. this is a warranty issue imo

http://www.mechadyne-int.com/vva-products/concentric-camshafts