Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
So is this stuff on the shelves right now? Game changing product for sure.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
i think they have it at home depot. not sure how good it is does what they say it does, but looks amazing, and easy to apply

I can only think of 856758495884993948844309 things I would coat with this stuff.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
But, how long does it last? Especially on stuff like, say, auto upholstery, shoes, clothes - anything that flexes.

And how the heck would one wash anything coated with the stuff?!

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
EP, good questions and the ones I was going to ask.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I'm guessing it has a very finite longevity. As far as washing, I suppose that's one of the purported benefits. Nothing sticks, nothing to ever wash?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I'm guessing it has a very finite longevity. As far as washing, I suppose that's one of the purported benefits. Nothing sticks, nothing to ever wash?

Dirt/grime will grind into/thru anything...

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
i think they have it at home depot. not sure how good it is does what they say it does, but looks amazing, and easy to apply

I can only think of 856758495884993948844309 things I would coat with this stuff.

$20! Gotta try this stuff out.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Ole...rWet-Multi-Purpose-Spray-Kit-274232/204216476

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Wonder about a windshield?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Wonder how it works on paint??

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Wichita Falls, Texas 76306
Wonder about a windshield?

No, the feedback and also product description says it dries to a milky haze.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Wonder how it works on paint??

Except for the 'white residue', probably pretty well. For keeping the paint 'dry' anyway. As for how it "looks" on paint, well that's a whole nuther story. Although there is a nano polish called "Gtechnique P1" which does have similar water repelling attributes for use on a car while keeping paint nice and shiny. I don't think that it's an 'amateur' application though, as in it should be done by a shop.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Then how does it actually look when applied to a cellphone? I'd be pretty pissed off if my screen had a milky haze on it afterwards.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Off to Home Depot. Tonight.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Then how does it actually look when applied to a cellphone? I'd be pretty pissed off if my screen had a milky haze on it afterwards.

I was pretty intriguted about that too. If you watch the video, later he shows how to do the cell phone. you're actually coating the INTERIOR of the phone (including the inside back) and then using a qtip at the entry points on the phone (charger, headphones, speakers etc). You don't actually coat the glass. At least that's the impression I got from the cursory view of the vid.

But I'm still gonna go buy some, just not for my car or my phone. LOL

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I was pretty intriguted about that too. If you watch the video, later he shows how to do the cell phone. you're actually coating the INTERIOR of the phone (including the inside back) and then using a qtip at the entry points on the phone (charger, headphones, speakers etc). You don't actually coat the glass. At least that's the impression I got from the cursory view of the vid.

But I'm still gonna go buy some, just not for my car or my phone. LOL

Ah. Didn't really pay attention too much to that part of the vid since it involved a few steps and I currently have the attention span of my 6 month old son:)

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
P1 by Gtechniq is the nanopolish. C1 is their lacquer coat and then EXO on top off that gives the ultimate shine/wet look and hydrophobic properties. Very long lasting and beats the frequent wax applications of traditional products. The new game changer in car care.

Stu

TrackAire

Oct 20, 2010
Well, there goes the diaper industry, lol.

Before rushing out to buy Never Wet, you should read the reviews on Home Depots website.....lots of good real world info there.

I was wondering how never wet would work on track rims to reduce brake dust buildup? I've used the Armorall version of the wheel protectant and that does dry pretty clear but it is also very fragile and can be wiped off very quickly.

Cheers,
George

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Don't think it will work well on my black wheels though. The technology is being actively employed in electronics...I saw it 3 years ago. Put a kleenex tissue on top of the liquid and you have to push it down hard to get it into the liquid; pull it out and it's bone dry. It works at a molecular level and actually waterproofs electronic devices fully. Very cool, and there are many manufacturers making this stuff now. These guys are only one of many.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I bought some for StormCat's kitty litter.