Never Give Up...

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Yes, the empty nester thing is a tough one. I just hit that stage myself. Daughter graduated from UC Santa Barbara a year ago, son is graduating from Cal next year, youngest son entered UC San Diego this year. It's shocking that they're out of the house. All so fast. My personal guidance is to do everything you can to be with them while they're home. The time is precious.
Not that I've given up. I was on business trip last week in the UK. I live in the Bay Area but I made sure to return via LAX and San Diego last Friday so I could pick up the young man and drive him home from school on Saturday. Somehow nine time zones, eleven hours of flying, little sleep and eight hours of driving don't matter when you can hang out with your son for the first time in a while. He slept during the whole trip but it didn't really matter.
And KJRGT, pass my thanks along to your son. And guys or not, just spend the next two weeks hugging him.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
So right Chip, what a great thread to have fellow GT bros share about their sons and daughters, of all ages.
I am very grateful for the well wishes and thoughts for my son Corporal Kane Roberts, US Army Infantry, and I will show him this thread sometime while he is home....not only to let him know how people he has never met (and me for that matter!) sincerely appreciate his sense of duty for our continued freedom, but to also show how his dad has been so fortunate to become a part of a "team" through the Ford GT that goes way beyond an automobile.
To see pictures and hear what's going on with sons and daughters is just flat out awesome.
How blessed are we??

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
to let him know how people he has never met (and me for that matter!) sincerely appreciate his sense of duty for our continued freedom....

We do, we think of them every day.

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Cute kids Neil! It's exciting to see so many proud parents, as well as kids that are doing more than just playing video games and getting into trouble. This is a GREAT thread!!! :thumbsup

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Hanging out with your son on a road trip is awesome! Stephen's about to turn seven but a car guy to the core. He's at an age that I don't even want to begin to think about him in military service. :willy:willy:willy:willy:willy:willy:willy:willy

Hug your son and tell him "Thank you" and "we're proud of him." :usa

Attachments

• roadtrip buddy.jpg
    roadtrip buddy.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 72