Need to know

tinbender

GT Owner #884
Nov 22, 2007
Central Illinois
I stumbled across this site a few weeks ago and have spent alot of my time trying to learn more about these beautiful cars before I buy one. I havent located the one I'm looking for yet. I have just been window shopping so far. What I'm looking for is some advice from you seasoned GT owners as to what to look for and what to be aware of before taking the plunge. I would appreciate any information you can give me.
Thanks
Tinbender

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
PM sent

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
hello, and welcome to the site. I would be happy to help you find the right car or just give you some friendly advise. Do a search on me here on the forum ( shelby smith / elite autos ) I have bought and sold several members cars. Best of luck. The search is one of the funnest times until you actually get one!

Daltondavid

GT Owner
Jun 22, 2007
Garnet Valley, Pa.
Shelby's advice is right on target. I am window shopping myself and am convinced I want to do it, just getting matters in order to make it happen! my biggest hurdle in the process was leaped when a forum member, "Somelee" let me test fit my 6'1" 215lb. Body into his car and see how it felt to me. the ride he gave me also was a contributing factor. the fit was just fine by the way. good luck on your hunt!- Dave

super cobrajet

Oct 18, 2007
Eugene, OR
You guys sound exactly like myself. I've been hanging around the site for a couple of months now waiting for my finances to get in order and learning everything I can. I too would appreciate any and all advice all of you have. I plan on announcing on the site when I'm ready to purchase in case a member is thinking of selling. I have really enjoyed watching all the sales Shelby has been making. Thanks to all of you for what I have learned and will continue to learn.

Kirt

snaproll

GT Owner
Dec 3, 2006
Naples, FL

Jdog, are you selling? :wink

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
Jdog, are you selling? :wink

NOT A CHANCE! Just thought I'd share some GT wisdom for a potential local GT owner!:biggrin He's lookin' for a Tungsten so if anyone has one....

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Doubtful you'll find many willing sellers; AAMOF, you couldn't pry me away from my car with a gun. When you finally make the move you'll understand ..... trust me!!!!!!!!!!!

R

roger1197

As the posts above, I too have been trawling through here for some info before buying.
I live in UK so not much choice here, probably only a total of 10 currently for sale and our winter weather is a problem with salt/grit on roads so I am holding out till the weather improves maybe around March 08.
I would welcome any advice though on buying if any of you wouldnt mind.

Roger1197

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
As the posts above, I too have been trawling through here for some info before buying.
I live in UK so not much choice here, probably only a total of 10 currently for sale and our winter weather is a problem with salt/grit on roads so I am holding out till the weather improves maybe around March 08.
I would welcome any advice though on buying if any of you wouldnt mind.

Roger1197

You might PM "Neilda" here on The 'Forum. He lives in the UK, too. He'd pbly have some pertinent 'local'(!) advice 4U in those regards, sir. :cheers

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
I know of a blue/white stripes, wheels, UK car for sale.... 730 miles. One of 28. Asking 129,500GBP... ouch!

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
I know of a blue/white stripes, wheels, UK car for sale.... 730 miles. One of 28. Asking 129,500GBP... ouch!

I know of an 05 red/white stripe in the UK for sale......lot's of mileage and was just totalled...Chassis No. 1202 american car...might be coming back to the U.S. Has anyone heard about this one over there? Belongs to a rental co.

Gino

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
You'd be better off to fly to Arkansas, pick your GT and take advantage of the weak dollar, ship it back to the UK and mod it to be street legal. With the present exchange rate you can get a New GT with Shelby for less that 100,000 pounds.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I know of a red one in London England if that helps. I could put the deal together....

P.MichaelW

Dec 13, 2007
So would I. I would like to hear from someone who has used a GT for say 5000 miles.
How practical are they?

P.MichaelW

Dec 13, 2007
You might PM "Neilda" here on The 'Forum. He lives in the UK, too. He'd pbly have some pertinent 'local'(!) advice 4U in those regards, sir. :cheers
How do I contact "Neilda". I live in Yorkshire England.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
How do I contact "Neilda". I live in Yorkshire England.

Odds are - you just did! :lol He's a member here on The 'Forum and reads posts on these threads all the time.

Alternatively, go to the "Member's list" at the top of the 'page, look him up, and send him a P.M. (private messg). :thumbsup :cheers

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
So would I. I would like to hear from someone who has used a GT for say 5000 miles.
How practical are they?

Other than minimal storage space they work well. I have driven from TX to Detroit and and Indy. It's like flying First Class. The cars are quieter and smoother than you would expect. If you go full throttle make sure that whatever is in front of you is open space. Do not full throttle in turns until well after the exit. It is an excellent driver. The only problem is rear visibility and ground clearance, but the car is very streetable.