Need to buy a 13 GT500 Conv.

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
I'm having a hard time finding a '13 GT500 convertible - Grabber Blue/White stripes. Any one know somebody who can help ?
Thanks

stumeat

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2010
Georgia
Our local dealer has a convertible black no stripe.

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Thanks, but I have my mind set on a Grabber Blue. They all want $5k over MSRP...!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Nobody will order one for you?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Nobody will order one for you?

Remember - a Ford Dealer's biggest competition is the Ford Dealer down the road....

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Have a dealer in VA where I got mine that has Red – White stripe convertible he offered for $70,380. Send PM if interested.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
How about just e-mailing dealer's fleet departments until you find one who will order you what you want for MSRP?

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
The problem is, other Ford dealers are paying $4-5k over MSRP just to get GT500s to sell to their customers.

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
The best I could find so far is $4,500 over MSRP. And I have to wait 6 weeks !!! Still not pulled the trigger though.
No red, Biginch Blake as I have a red FGT and 911 TT, but thanks for the offer.

holy grail

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2010
queens
i bought my 13 gt 500 conv red with white stripes 2 weeks ago at msrp. the dealer wanted to mark it up by 10 k. dont panic, these cars are big ticket items and if you go on enough sites i.e cars.com, e bay, etc you will find what you need. good luck.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
My Grabber Blue stripe delete (not a convert) hits the dealers lot on 11/6 and when I ordered it 5 months ago we agreed to 1K under MSRP. We do a bit of business with this dealer also. Good luck with your search!

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Thanks Holy Grail,
I can't find one at MSRP. I've always been against paying more than MSRP, because those who do, affect the rest of us that do not want to give in...

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I have heard that the window is closing on 2013 orders soon. So try to find a dealer who was trying to scalp a ticket and couldn't get it to sell his allocation for $10K over and offer MSRP or under. This is because if he doesn't use all of his this year he runs a chance of getting cut back next year.

Good Luck!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Having bought and sold several of these, if your looking for a car TODAY, and are very specific on color, you are very unlikely to find one at or below MSRP. Many people still willing to pay over. We have been paying MSRP as a dealer just to get them and have easily gotten $5k over msrp on almost everyone that we have had. Not saying you won't get one at MSRP, but just giving a little insight on what we are seeing in the market place.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Just attended a classic Ford show on Sunday here in SoCal.
It was at Ken Grody Ford in Buena Park.
They had three new GT500s. White/Blue Stripes, Black/Satin Black Stripes, White/Satin Black Stripes.
Each one had a "Market Adjustment" of $20,000.
No wonder there were three sitting there...sure wish I had pocketfulls of cash to see what would take it home.

Delexjb

GT Owner
May 27, 2006
Portland, Oregon
I ordered mine from a dealer out here in Oregon that I do quite a bit of business with. Because of that relationship I was able to order it at MSRP and had to wait a couple of months to get the car. But I was able to get my grabber blue convertible as a stripe delete car and then had Ford paint black stripes on it. Have not seen another grabber blue one for sale out here in the Northwest at least, and certainly not at MSRP.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Have not seen another grabber blue one for sale out here in the Northwest at least, and certainly not at MSRP.

Cause our economy is so strong? :frown