need help with pulley and program...

930shark

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2008
I'm just getting ready to order a pulley and program set up and I was looking into the ford racing setup. Do any of you use this package? Would you recommend it over say the accufab or Heffner? The car has full exhaust and other than the pulley, program I’m not looking to go any further.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The search button is your friend :) dozens of pages on this topic

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The FRPP pulley/tune will make slightly less power than the P/T packages from other guys. I believe the FRPP is 2.79 or so and most of the other guys go slightly smaller. I would also assume their tune is VERY conservative. Either way, your car will be much faster for very little effort!

(p.s, weird that we have two new GT owners in the same time span, one named 930shark and one named 930man. I just assumed it was a duplicate registration because something went wrong with the first one. :lol )

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
p.p.s, welcome to the site! :cheers

930shark

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2008
No, no mistake at all. two different guys. I'm sure he like me is a Porsche owner as well. I must say these fords are a much cooler car than I thought! I'd never given the car much respect until I took one for a spin. WOW! these are great cars!

On the topic of the ford vs. other's, is the ford a plug and go, or do you still have to go to a shop and have them dyno the set up? I'm not looking for the max power just a good bump in power with the least amount of headaches.(I own enough modded Porsches for that)

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
They are all safe enough where you just have to; remove the SC, remove the snout, pull off and repress new pulley, remount snout, re-oil, add SC back on, install belt and re-flash with new tune!

That's about how long it took the GT guys to do it! :rofl

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
When you buy the Ford product, they send you the flash tuner AFTER you register the product, so it can't all be done in the same time period. Takes about a week to get it.

Fyr-FtrGT

GT Owner, BofD
Mark IV Lifetime
May 28, 2006
Walnut Creek, California
Welcome 930shark,

I can't say enough about the Heffner Pully and tune that I have installed in my Heritage. Customer service was the main thing I was looking for when shopping for a packaged set of tunes, and I was not disappointed in Jason Heffner's customer service. He supplies a 91, 93 and 100 octane tunes in a SCT device. Very easy to use, even for a dunderhead like me. If you ever have a problem, or want to customize your tune, he is available to help you by phone. The only problem that I encountered was a lack of a WARNING label after the tune was installed. I immediately went out onto the freeway and swapped ends. Didn't hit anything but soiled myself. Immediately recognized that with the additional power, the stock Goodyear tires, although very good, could not hold the extra torque and power that the engine now delivered. So, remember to include into the price of the pully and tune, a new set of grippier tires. Have fun.

Gary Tryhorn

930man

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 15, 2008
Thats Awesome!!!!!!! two 930 Guys!!!!! im glad mine had all that stuff done to mine before i got it! and very nice to have "MAD IN NC" right down the road... i am pretty much clueless on the GT... but i can set up a cup car or GT3 for you in a Second!

Welcome !

930man

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 15, 2008
wow i got one of those Banners!!!!!!!!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
See, I told you this was confusing. :lol

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
See, I told you this was confusing. :lol

that you did :banana

DWR46

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 20, 2008
I m sure all the vendors on the forum have great tune products, but I bought mine from Heffner. I chose to go with the tune only, as over the last 40 years, I have detonated enough engines by using too much supercharger boost. In any case. the results are amazing. The car is much faster primarily in the mid-range, which is where I drive most of the time. I could not be happier with Heffners product. I am sure the addition of the extra boost from the smaller pulley only would make the GT more exciting.

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
I have also done a SCT-Tune only, you get over 600 hp, plenty for me.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
For the record, I never ran my GT on a track stock, but I ran it precisely one time when it had the pulley tune from Heffner on it and it went 133 mph through the quarter. This is a major difference in power. Be careful when you get it!

930shark

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2008
I just want to thank everyone for their input. Love this site!!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
are you 930 boys club racers ?

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
I have the Ford pulley and tune. Installed by Roush here in Europe. It gave me a 80HP gain on the same dyno.

930shark

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2008
are you 930 boys club racers ?

Nope, sorry. Just Porsche nut that doesn't know when to stop!

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Just curious if any 91 guys have tried the 93 tune?