Need help with a project - parts?

FFCobra

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2006
GA
I'm working on a cool new project to share garage space with my FGT. We're calling it the GT-33.

I need some help sourcing some parts. Used are OK, so long as they are in good condition. Here's what I need:

- Full set of FGT wheels
- Full set of FGT gauges
- Full set of FGT toggle switches
- A/C controls
- Center console
- Pair of stock seats

Do you guys know anyone who sells these parts from wrecked cars?

Thanks!

Bill

FFCobra

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2006
GA
FACTORY FIVE GT-33
gt-33-1.jpg

ENGINE
Thanks to Panoz Auto, I acquired a brand new 2004 Cobra 4.6L Supercharged Terminator engine. These engines are rated at 390HP from the factory, but it's well known inside the Ford community that they are really 420-430 HP. With a 2.80 pulley change, an extra 60-100 HP is easy. So the GT-33 will have at LEAST 500 HP.

What we plan to do to the engine:

- Smaller supercharger pulley
- Ford GT style valve covers
- Ford GT style coil covers

TRANSMISSION AND REAR END
- New T56 6-speed
- 8.8 rear end with 3:73 gears

INTERIOR
- Ford GT style seats from Sparco or orginal FGT seats
- Ford GT gauges (if they will work with our harness)
- Ford GT toggle switches
- Ford GT Starter Button
- Ford GT A/C controls
- Ford GT design shifter and boot
- Aluminum footbox with rubber floor mats (like the Ford GT)
- Leather dash
- Body color painted rear waterfall (rear panel)
- A/C system (undecided on what brand)
- Wayne's custom stereo system

EXTERIOR
- Ford GT Red with white stripes
- Side stripes to match the Ford GT and GT500, but the logo will say "FACTORY FIVE GT-33"
- Lowboy, fender-less body, but we'll have the top and side fenders painted and ready to install for longer drives
- Side exhaust exit through the body
- No door handles. Electric popper to open the doors
- Ford GT mirrors

WHEELS & TIRES / BRAKES
- Ford GT wheels 18 x 9 fronts, 19 x 11.5 rears
- Bridgestone RE50As in 345/35/19 and 275/40/18
- Brakes (Undecided)

GT-33 SPECS (PROJECTED)
2,100 pounds
450rwhp

So what do you think?

I'll post updates of the build here on the forum and you can see daily updates on FFCobra.

- Bill

Last edited:

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
Check with the guy in lufkin, TX or www.x2builders.com

btw - i dont know or have any affiliation with any of these guys just passing the info on

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
FF, since it's a beautiful RED car, make sure you talk to the guys at X2 Collision in Maryville, IL. You can see their post on E-bay. Talk to Larry. Tell him Dr. Pikul (prn pickle) sent you.

FFCobra

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2006
GA
Thanks guys, I found them on eBay and sent an email.

Bill

FFCobra

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2006
GA
I wanted to thank Sanjay for giving up his BBS wheels. And thanks to Shadowman for shipping them soon.

In case you guys didn't know, Ford Racing Parts is out of the optional BBS wheels and who knows when they will be off back order. If you try and buy a set, the dealers only option is to sell you the same wheels, but from Ford Parts for about 80% more money.

If you need a set of extra wheels, I suggest you put in an order with your favorite vendor or dealer and get on the list so that when they come off back order you'll be first in line.

I ordered the Bridgestone RE050a rears (345/35-19 - for the Enzo), but the fronts (265/40-18 - for the GT3) were on back order so we went a little wider (275).

Update on our GT-33 build.

The engines got its valve covers and coil covers installed. We're waiting on a pulley and some other goodies before it gets hooked up.

IMG_9112.jpg

IMG_9113.jpg

Thanks for the help from the guys on this forum. It's going to be cool having the GT-33 sit next to our FGT.

- Bill