Need a GT in Iowa

RedGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 21, 2006
Foxfield, Colorado
I can't express how grateful I am at the responses. I am traveling home to Colorado and have not had internet since Sunday. Stopped at IHOP and using their wireless. My sister will respond shortly under my login as to how we would like to proceed. Again, thank you for all your help. Bill

RedGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 21, 2006
Foxfield, Colorado
Hello,

I am Bill's sister, Judy, and am replying for him as he is out of town.
Thanks so much for all of your offers and kindness.
We can't tell you how much they mean.

We have requests for an address to send checks to. Here is my information:

Judy Hopkins
3810 Indian Mound Trail
Crosby, Tx 77532
cell 281-635-6278

There is an offer from a GT owner in Wisconsin who will give a ride in Iowa for the auction. In much clearer weather, however!!!

Another offer is for three nights in Hawaii and a GT ride there as well. We are going to try to come up with airfare and make it a very attractive package. Weather should not be a problem there!

My friends here in Houston are also going to hold a raffle and auction in February. We thought the Hawaiian package would be best offered here. It is a non stop flight from Houston to Hawaii.

If any of you have any other ideas or suggestions, please let me know. We are open to all suggestions. This disease is difficult enough without financial stress too. Stacie's children do not understand why mommy can't carry them anymore. It is so hard to watch her get weaker every day. Having them not worry about the bills for their addition to their home will be a major blessing.
She soon won't be able to climb the stairs, and all their bedrooms and bathrooms are upstairs.

Thanks again for all you are doing.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Check sent. Stacie and her family will be in our prayers tonight.

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
I'll put the winning bidders up for four nights at the Hilton and give them free use of my GT or GTX.

Newport Beach is pretty nice too:thumbsup

With airfare.

Make the minimum bid $3500. If no takers I'll cut you a check for that amount. A very horrible disease and a very sad, sad story. You're family is in our prayers.

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Check sent.

Chip

RedGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 21, 2006
Foxfield, Colorado
It has been said many times that this Forum and it's members are special. I didn't realize just how special until I read the responses to my request for help. For people to step up and make the offers that have been made, for a person that no one on the forum knows, shows what a wonderful group of people belong to this forum.

When Stacie finds out what you have done, I know she will be in tears. My sister and I, can't tell you how much we appreciate your offers, thoughts, and prayers. Thank you.
Bill Barnett

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Help me out, are we going with Kelvin's package, he has my credit card. I can paypal if that works. Need paypal details if that is the way to go. I need clarification. Sorry, I am confused.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Check sent Tues. pm. Tomy Hamon

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Is there a PayPal account? Otherwise, is it a problem to send the check out on Saturday?

BCF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
Hudson Ia.
I'm jumping in late here. I am 100 miles from DesMoines andcan also provide a ride in my GT when the weather is better if that is the option chosen by the group. I am not trying to circumvent other offers.

I will also send my check for 100.00 to the above address to support the benefit.

Good luck and God Bless.

Bill

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
Stacie Check

Hi, Judy!
Nice talking with you! Check's in the mail!

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Help me out, are we going with Kelvin's package, he has my credit card. I can paypal if that works. Need paypal details if that is the way to go. I need clarification. Sorry, I am confused.

Daniel, I haven't spoken to Judy yet but I did receive a PM from her. I believe the direction is to pull together 2 packages - one for Hawaii and one for Newport. If so, we'll need a lot more $.

Meanwhile, my wife thanks you for your Amex. Kindly accept all charges from Robert Palma Jewelers.

oceanside gt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
Bill and Judy, I am so sorry to her about Stacie. Sent $500 tonight.
Stacie and her family are in my prayers.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I have been out of town for a week and so am sorry for the late reply. Check leaves tomorrow.

God Bless.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
hope the event was a hit.
sticky removed

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
I recently got back in town and got access to my checkbook, because I did not bring it to Arizona. Can I still send in my donation?

RedGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 21, 2006
Foxfield, Colorado
Yes, you can still send a check.

My sister is traveling home to Houston now and will post the results of the auction in Des Moines shortly. She told me it went well.

Thanks again for all the support.
Bill

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
check sent....

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Check sent today

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
UPDATE
=====
Hi GT Guys,

I’m Bill’s sister, Judy. He is RedGT on your forum.

I just wanted to let you know the results of the first charity event for Stacie, a young mother with ALS. They were able to raise half the funds needed to pay for the addition to their home. As you know, they are adding a bedroom, handicapped bath, and small living area to their home as Stacie will soon be unable to climb the stairs. This is the only home their small children have ever known, and it was too difficult to try to move to a one-story home. They have more than enough trauma coming in the future to add a move to it. Also, the real estate market in their area makes it almost impossible to sell their home and purchase a new one. Plus the master bath in another home would not be handicapped. Thus all the reasons for the major addition they have done.

You have helped make all this possible. They are so extremely grateful!!

To update you on your generosity:

Nine checks for $100

One check for $200

One check for $500

In addition, we had a GT ride offered by BCF which was auctioned off at the Iowa charity event and two more trips will be auctioned off at the Houston charity event on March 6th.

AlohaGT has offered a ride in his FGT in Hawaii plus three nights at a hotel in Waikiki. I am going to use the money donated by your group to add plane fare to the package to make it more valuable in the Houston auction.

Kjslider also made a wonderful package available for the auction. He is offering airfare, four nights at the Hilton, and use of his GT or GTX at Newport Beach.

Pauleddy offered to fly Stacie and Michael to Florida and give them a ride in his “Black Beauty.”

Our family is just in awe of all of this!! I heard that you have a rally in Vegas this year, and my brother is planning on attending. I told him I would love the opportunity to meet you all and thank you personally. If the schedule fits with mine, I hope to see you there!

I will let you know how the Houston event works out on March 6th. We hope to raise the other half of the cost of their home addition. That will remove the money aspect of this tragedy and make it a little easier.

God bless all of you!!! Judy Hopkins

281-635-6278 jhopkins@kw.com