Need a good Maryland service shop.

kingfrog3

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2010
Maryland
I recently purchased a Ford GT and love it! However I am having a real hard time finding a good service shop locally. I live north of Baltimore. Does anyone know of any good shops in the area?
thanks.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Welcome to the best auto board ever! And congrats on your car, we'll all want details and pics.

You might want to PM Pete S. if he doesn't see your post re: local Maryland service.

And perhaps you might want to PM Pe2unia (John) who lives in southern Maryland and who has annually hosted the greatest Ford GT technicians of all time in the entire world: The GT Guy LLC (Rich and Denis). They're based in Michigan, were intimately involved in the car's development and production, and know every nut and bolt on your car. They are also one of the supporting vendors on the forum. No way no how can you do better than them for service or repair work, mods, etc. Period.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome to the best auto board ever! And congrats on your car, we'll all want details and pics.

You might want to PM Pete S. if he doesn't see your post re: local Maryland service.

And perhaps you might want to PM Pe2unia (John) who lives in southern Maryland and who has annually hosted the greatest Ford GT technicians of all time in the entire world: The GT Guy LLC (Rich and Denis). They're based in Michigan, were intimately involved in the car's development and production, and know every nut and bolt on your car. They are also one of the supporting vendors on the forum. No way no how can you do better than them for service or repair work, mods, etc. Period.

Just as KJD has posted we will have the GT Guys back in Maryland in the spring if you can wait until then to have your gal massaged otherwise you may want to contact PeteS to see who he has been using.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
My shop has done many repairs and service's on three different cars including axlebolts, gauge replacement, service's, battery R&R.

You may contact me to discuss and I will tell you strait up if it's something we can help you with.

jwarfield@frederickmotor.com

BillyGT

GT Owner
Jul 3, 2009
www.atspeedmotorsports.com The owner Bob Miller has a GT. I have a friend that had mods done to his BMW and is very satisfied.

Last edited:

kingfrog3

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2010
Maryland
Thanks for all the feedback! I currently have my car at a local dealer who has been a nightmare to deal with. The oil pressure gauge is dropping to zero in 5th and 6th gear below 2000 rpm and my volt meter is dead. The dealer took apart my dash and is now say it's going to take 2 weeks to get in the parts. I want to pull the car from them but not before I know I have someone reputable that I can take the car too.
I will contact PILOTJPW1 and ATSPEED. Thanks for all the feedback.
I will post some picks as soon as I get my car back.

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
KING FROG,

I always offer my help in any way. As for the dash and gauges, I have replaced a gauge on my car following advice and precautions of or great list of forum experts: it is not that tough, so long as you are careful. Reputable is hard to find in this area as 99.9 out of 100 Ford mechanics have never done an oil change on a Ford GT, and will make your car part of the learning curve: but any really good mechanic can follow instructions and perform work quite well. The trick is getting the right instructions in their hands and hoping they follow it (them). Normal maintenance, like an oil change, brake pads, plugs and such are in many ways easier than some other cars; and if you are a bit of a do-it-yourselfer, everything you need is on this forum, and I am only as far away as Rockville, always willing to help. Our dealership in Frederick is an option, Sheehy Ford in Gaithersburg has one mechanic I trust, and has some Ford GT training, the GT Guys can do it all and have made several trips to our area thanks to John B. in southern Maryland.
Pete S.