my take on Rally III

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
well its tuesday morning and im still at the Hotel. as some of you guy know the houston group including myself had to extend their stay due to hurricane Ike that devestaed the galveston/Houston area. everyone was so gracious to offer concern and I want to thank all of you and say that although things are pretty bad back home everyone from the houston group and their families are ok. thanks again guys.

Now to the Rally:

what can I say except stunts nailed it with his earlier post about expectation before meeting the members. he was so right. the first person I met when I pulled in the parking garage(at that time there were 20 or so gt's there) was Edsims, we chatted for a while and it was as if we were friends for years. I can honestly say the same thing about everyone, the nicest bunch of guys and gals I have met. I had a blast in vegas and if you were here you know what I mean, but more importantly, was getting to meet the poeple that we share so much with on a daily basis. Like rocketman said earlier I CANT WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT ONE.

The only regret I have is that I didnt get to meet everyone. but I look forward in doing so on the next rally.

as I sit in my hotel room I cant help feel that I miss all of the great friend that I made this weekend and this feeling only becomes more real when I walk downstairs and dont see any of them.:frown

especial thanks to the people who organized this event.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
:confusedSoroush ,
You must be very lonely .

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
:confusedSoroush ,
You must be very lonely .

I concur with Ron on this :lol

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Great to meet you Soroush!!!!

The Rally was awesome! Truly great to put faces with names... truly the best collective group of car people / enthusiasts / etc.. I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of.

Lonely in Vegas??? :willy

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Well put, Soroush. Everything is better here now...I have power and cable...but there are traffic lights out everywhere and 1.5 million still have no electricity.

Many thanks to DBK and his crew....great meeting everyone! What a fantastic bunch of people!

Sanjay

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I concur with Ron on this :lol

I got Adriana to keep me company:wink

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I got Adriana to keep me company:wink

She's no Ron :lol

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I wanted to say, Don't feel sorry for him, he's not ALONE. I repeat OH TO BE YOUNG AGAIN. He'll stay as long as Dave stays! Tomy

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
If Soroush is not back in Houston by the end of the month DrV8, and I are taking his GT to the first Benefit Auction we can find and sell her. That'll teach him to keep up with us and come home on time! Tomy

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
If Soroush is not back in Houston by the end of the month DrV8, and I are taking his GT to the first Benefit Auction we can find and sell her. That'll teach him to keep up with us and come home on time! Tomy

point well taken Tommy I will be on the next plane home:biggrin you cant mess with a man's Gt:biggrinp

Ps I greatly enjoyed you and your wifes company while here. I look forward to seeing you guys in houston.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Tommy ,
I 'm ready to bid !!!