My new Italian girlfriend: Maserati GTC-S

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I've been looking for a convertible for awhile.

I wanted four seat capability, so my shopping list consisted of a Turbo S Cab (kinda/sorta four seats), M6 Vert, and (just off my radar was a) Maserati GT.

I was flirting hard with a couple dealers on 997 TTS Cabs but just couldn't quite pull the trigger. A stupendous car to be sure, but I wasn't feeling the exhaust note, the reports of road noise, and the somewhat German-ness of the interior.

Likewise, the new M6 is a wonderful car, but we have two BMW's in the house and I was concerned about having essentially a drop top version of my wife's 550i.

About three weeks ago, I was at a stop light in my FGT waiting to turn left as a new/er Maserati coupe passed me on the gas turning right - the sound was intoxicating.

I was sold.

Fast forward three weeks and this arrived to join my little herd of vehicles - a new 2012 GranTurismo Convertible Sport.

It's stunning to look at, to listen to, and she drives very nicely (all 20 miles I could put on before dark). Certainly not as quick as either a TTS or an M6 vert, she's quick-ish, has room for four real human beings, and is a perfect fit for my wants/needs.

I briefly considered the 2013 Sport as well as the 2013 MC Vert.. I didn't go that way as I don't personally prefer the new bumper design of the Sport/MC and wasn't after the harder suspended/more stylized exterior of the MC. I can see the appeal of the MC - it's quite a car, but I've got the 'sports car' angle covered already. The 2012 Sport was the best balance of design/comfort and let's face it, value.

She arrived last night from Maserati of Cincinnati. Delivery was classy and problem free.

Shaky (cold as h*ll here) video. Non-Sport mode exhaust:

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Very nice car. Enjoy

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Nice color/wheel combo....thanks for sharing.

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Thanks guys

I'll get some better pics - including some of the Trident style wheels.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Sexy. Way sexier than the others you were considering. Congrats! Don't forget the sunscreen. :)

Button

Jul 11, 2009
Iowa
Nice find! Perfect for the 35 degree day we've got here today! :/

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Just beautiful Chris. I do think it's funny how all of us tend to like the same cars. Common passions I guess. I love it, and do want!

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Excellent choice! I call dibs on a ride when it gets above 70. Say August?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'Easy to see how you got 'sucked in'! 'Beau-tee-ful...

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
'Easy to see how you got 'sucked in'! 'Beau-tee-ful...
But somehow you will manage without I'm certain lol

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Sleek car

Sounds amazing

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
But somehow you will manage without I'm certain lol

Have I mentioned I've recently decided to ignore the likes of your mizzerbull seff?

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
The sound on those is fantastic!!! Enjoy!

TrackAire

Oct 20, 2010
Love that car, surprised my wife by renting one last January on vacation in Rancho Mirage. I was surprised how easy she found it to drive even in traffic and parking in tight spaces. Great touring car with livable seats in the back. It was the same color like yours and a vert.

Actually got a lot of thumbs up and comments when parked, etc. We are actually thinking about one as a grand touring machine and an occasional daily driver. Enjoy!!

Cheers,
George

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Chris, car looks awesome. Love the sound. Now if we can get out of the 30s you can enjoy it!

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Nice find. Italian blood lines. Agreed a car for the senses. Feels and sounds perfect. Can't wait to see it.

Rob

Colton74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Just went through the exact same thing with the exact same cars however i ended up with a used M6 vert. Let us know your thoughts when you get some more miles on it! Great car!

AtomicZ

Sep 22, 2011
MN
Congrats Chris.

I have to agree it was the right choice for a drop top.

Just Plain Sexy and the exhaust note is amazing. None of those German cars can compete with that sound.

Here's hoping for more warm days.

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Thanks guys.

Finally got her out today to take to work... once you get her into the higher rev's, she's pretty quick.. the sounds, oh the sounds!

Will bring her over next week as the taxi-cab Rob.

AtomicEricZ (if he's available) will have to decide if he wants to drive the FGT or the Maserati.. poor guy.

:)

Last edited:

AtomicZ

Sep 22, 2011
MN
I'm still deciding.........