My New Bodyguards from Slovakia!

rocksman

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2006
El Paso
My two new bodyguards :biggrin will be arriving tomorrow from Slovakia! They will be coming Lufthansa Airlines into LAX. Im pretty excited to meet them. Well guys meet my new bodyguards for my kids, my GT, and myself:

brutus16.jpg

daro1.jpg

Check them out in action:

DARO IN ACTION!!!

BRUTUS IN ACTION!!!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
beautiful animals, keeping them trained is a full time job. :wink

rocksman

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2006
El Paso
bony said:
beautiful animals, keeping them trained is a full time job. :wink

Yah, but its worth it, only thing I wasnt to thrilled with was learning Czech commands. :thumbsup

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Question, when an animal comes in from abroad are they placed in some sort of quarantine, or does a vet check them out?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
rocksman said:
Yah, but its worth it, only thing I wasnt to thrilled with was learning Czech commands. :thumbsup

here is an example of a dog that forgot his lessons...
http://www.filecabi.net/video/perdogny.html
and another one...
http://www.filecabi.net/video/rottsoccer-coach.html
and here are some doggies that really learned their lessons well...
http://www.filecabi.net/video/police-dog-training.html

Last edited:

rocksman

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2006
El Paso
By the way here is some very interesting info in case anyone around here has been or will ever be looking for Personal protection dogs or trained dogs.

I started looking for some personal protection dogs a few weeks back. I emailed about a hundred personal protection dog/ trainer sites on the internet. I noticed that alot of the responses I got from these so called "Trainers" were that the dogs "are in our Kennel in Europe" but that they could get the dog to me in a few weeks. Well I asked for photos and info and I got photos of the same dogs from many different "trainers" trying to sell the same dogs.

Well of course I figured they were middling the dogs so I started looking for kennels in Europe and I found the same photos and videos of alot of the dogs that these breeders and trainers were soliciting as their own were from Eurosportk9 and all these breeders were just trying to sell me the dogs and mark them up from 3 to 10 thousand dollars!!!

I wonder if these idiots say to themselves: "I think I might just start calling myself a dog "Trainer" and sell dogs that I never have seen in my life to strangers for a couple grand extra from some actual trainers"

Now if your a legitimate trainer you dont just middle dogs and double or triple their price to sell them as your own but thats what alot of these so called personal protection/companion dog trainers do. Not only that they risk you and your families safety as certain dogs are good only for certain jobs and you need to talk to the source to make sure the dog you are getting will work in your environment (like a home with little kids). So if you want to buy some dogs like these, I reccomend that you save yourself the couple grand and spend the dime to call long distance to Slovakia or Germany and get them straight from the source rather than all these middle men in the US. You will get much straigher answers from the trainers there.

By the way my local bank said I was the first guy they had who wanted to wire transfer cash to Slovakia. Made me laugh. :cheers

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
rocksman said:
By the way here is some very interesting info in case anyone around here has been or will ever be looking for Personal protection dogs or trained dogs.

I started looking for some personal protection dogs a few weeks back. I emailed about a hundred personal protection dog/ trainer sites on the internet. I noticed that alot of the responses I got from these so called "Trainers" were that the dogs "are in our Kennel in Europe" but that they could get the dog to me in a few weeks. Well I asked for photos and info and I got photos of the same dogs from many different "trainers" trying to sell the same dogs.

Well of course I figured they were middling the dogs so I started looking for kennels in Europe and I found the same photos and videos of alot of the dogs that these breeders and trainers were soliciting as their own were from Eurosportk9 and all these breeders were just trying to sell me the dogs and mark them up from 3 to 10 thousand dollars!!!

Now if your a legitimate trainer you dont just middle dogs and double or triple their price to sell them as your own but thats what alot of these so called personal protection/companion dog trainers do. So if you want to buy some dogs like these, I reccomend that you save yourself the couple grand and spend the dime to call long distance to Slovakia and get them straight from the source rather than all these middle men in the US.

By the way my local bank said I was the first guy they had who wanted to wire transfer cash to Slovakia. Made me laugh. :cheers

Currently involved with raising funds for two dogs for our local p.d. plus
bullet proof vests for all the dogs. They are amazing, but are a full time committment for the owner/trainer. It is interesting to watch the dogs work,
I have been in a bite suit once. Each dog responds to the language of their motherland. Our last dog came from Belgium.

rocksman

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2006
El Paso
bony said:
bullet proof vests for all the dogs. They are amazing, but are a full time committment for the owner/trainer. It is interesting to watch the dogs work,
I have been in a bite suit once. Each dog responds to the language of their motherland. Our last dog came from Belgium.

Im no wuss but I dont think I would like to be the guy in the bite suit. Takes guts. :cheers

rocksman

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2006
El Paso
bony said:
Question, when an animal comes in from abroad are they placed in some sort of quarantine, or does a vet check them out?

If they have VET papers from the originating country they dont have to be quarantined. I believe this is animal specific as they did ask about the dogs ages and type. They do go through customs of course but the dogs will only be there for about an hour before I can pick them up.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
bony said:

That's great that you are getting vests for the dogs. The local K-9 unit helped apprehend individuals that were stealing copper wire from one of our development sites. 20+ squad cars and a helicopter. But it was the K-9 handler and his dog that found 2 of the alleged criminals hiding in a 24 inch diameter storm drain. Preliminary hearing was successful, so felony trial is being scheduled. I've offered our site as a K-9 training facility, and have observed the training sessions (at other locations). Most of the canines were also from Belgium.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
SYCO GT said:
That's great that you are getting vests for the dogs. The local K-9 unit helped apprehend individuals that were stealing copper wire from one of our development sites. 20+ squad cars and a helicopter. But it was the K-9 handler and his dog that found 2 of the alleged criminals hiding in a 24 inch diameter storm drain. Preliminary hearing was successful, so felony trial is being scheduled. I've offered our site as a K-9 training facility, and have observed the training sessions (at other locations). Most of the canines were also from Belgium.

Don't have to mention, the dogs become partners and the entire P.D. gets emotionally attached to them. The vests also have a ring that allows the dog
to be lifted to roof top or wherever needed. Last year one of our dogs was shot, it was major news for several weeks. The dogs are often time injured, fall off things, hit by cars, very dangerous duty. Furthermore, they work until they drop, they need to be kept cool, hydrated etc.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
rocksman said:
Im no wuss but I dont think I would like to be the guy in the bite suit. Takes guts. :cheers

Actually, we have fund raising programs that allow a civilian to participate in dog training (including the bite suit), shoot at the range, train with SWAT, ride with our Skywatch Copter and lunch or dinner with the Chief.

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
I am sure the dogs will enjoy the CA. lifestyle :rofl http://www.killsometime.com/Video/video.asp?ID=377
Just make sure they dont get depressed :willy http://www.killsometime.com/Video/video.asp?ID=95
And after a hard days work you can take them out for a massage :banana http://www.killsometime.com/Video/video.asp?ID=416

Last edited: