My FORD GT is LOUD

GT1261

GT Owner
May 28, 2012
This is the result of how she sounds, or can I call it she? Maybe monster is better?

Enjoy, WARNING do not watch the link with headphones !!! IT IS LOUD !!!

[video=youtube;a6d1ogKDZ2Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6d1ogKDZ2Q&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Love it. What's the setup? Long tube headers/x-pipe or rear exit headers?

EDIT: Nevermind. Read the video description. Lets get some drive-by vids!

Last edited:

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
So loud, it blew the clamshell off!!!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"Yes, officer...I just realized there might possibly be an issue here..." :frown :biggrin

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Wow, what setup again? I recall it was an x-pipe config, pics please!!!

It doesn't sound quite like my Cobra but pretty da** close.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Now get that thing on the highway and do some flybys!

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
i am runnin a 4.0L Whipple with Borla headers and no cats and a Borla muffler. yours is a lil louder than mine! what size pulley are you runnin on that 4.0L and how much boost did it make?

GT1261

GT Owner
May 28, 2012
This is the setup.

Whipple 4L with 19PSI pulley
Accufab Monoblade Throttle body
Stainless Works headers no cats ( allergic to cats ) no muffler/x-pipe. Straight out
NGK TR7IX sparkplugs
Modified Airbox with two 3" circle holes on each side of the bottom.

We also managed to do a full service with all fluids, CoolTech LLC transaxle cooler and a transaxle catch tank.

The easiest part was the Supercharger swap, it took less then 4 hours, but the stainless works system was a pain in the a*ss because the part where it gets attached to the transaxle was very very tricky, also I don't like the tips as I think they are looking to small but now when the diffuser and the clamshell is on it looks a little bit like a 60s racer.

As soon as we get the streets cleaned from all the gravel and dirt from this super long winter then we will film more HD clips so that you guys can hear how the beast sounds. On thursday she will get a remote tune from Torrie and we will se the result.

But for now I can say that the sound under de-acceleration is indescribable and mean !!! It sounds like it is a third world war going on behind the car.

:D :D :D

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I am stoked that all parts arrived safely and all got installed! It sounds wicked!!!

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
I think you may forget Spa with this exhaust :)

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
This is the setup.

Whipple 4L with 19PSI pulley
Accufab Monoblade Throttle body
Stainless Works headers no cats ( allergic to cats ) no muffler/x-pipe. Straight out
NGK TR7IX sparkplugs
Modified Airbox with two 3" circle holes on each side of the bottom.

We also managed to do a full service with all fluids, CoolTech LLC transaxle cooler and a transaxle catch tank.

The easiest part was the Supercharger swap, it took less then 4 hours, but the stainless works system was a pain in the a*ss because the part where it gets attached to the transaxle was very very tricky, also I don't like the tips as I think they are looking to small but now when the diffuser and the clamshell is on it looks a little bit like a 60s racer.

As soon as we get the streets cleaned from all the gravel and dirt from this super long winter then we will film more HD clips so that you guys can hear how the beast sounds. On thursday she will get a remote tune from Torrie and we will se the result.

But for now I can say that the sound under de-acceleration is indescribable and mean !!! It sounds like it is a third world war going on behind the car.

:D :D :D

that sounds awesome!!! how much did it dyno? post a dyno sheet if you got one....

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Great sound GTSweden. I can see why you're stoked.

Vince H

topshot

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2012
Metro Detroit, MIchigan
I just got mine back last week from a 4.0 Whipple, headers, no cat, Accufafab X pipe and Accufab Mono Blade, GT guys Carbon Fiber intake. sounds about the same...very nice. Enjoy.

kurt

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
I just got mine back last week from a 4.0 Whipple, headers, no cat, Accufafab X pipe and Accufab Mono Blade, GT guys Carbon Fiber intake. sounds about the same...very nice. Enjoy.

kurt

man all you guys are gonna have to post your dyno results!!! mine made 781 rwhp on 102 octane race gas with a 3.75" pulley. not sure how much boost i was making though as the we could not get an accurate read due to noise interference from the LOUD exhuast :lol

what size pulley are you runnin and how much boost did yours make?