My big problem with my GT

tblackj

GT Owner
Oct 15, 2007
I have always been a car guy. I've had about 25 to 30 cars over the last 10 years. Everything from Lambo's to M3's, Vette's and Viper's, AMG's and Supra's... even a heavily modded Impala SS thrown in for my redneck roots. Until now, I've always enjoyed the buying and selling of my cars, the chase for the next beast. I get a car, drive it, and then sell it and go to the next greatest thing. Now I've got a problem.

I own a GT. I usually keep three cars around. Right now, I've got a 997tt, a GTR coming in a couple of weeks, and the GT. I want something else but in order to get something else, I need to sell the GT... and I can't do it. I don't know what else (in that price range) that will have the same appeal, speed, and quality that the GT has. Looks like I am going to be stuck with this car for a while.

Dang you Ford!
FordGTblackwheels002.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That's what we like to hear (and we hear it often!) around here.

Car looks hot :cheers

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Got that car from me! :banana

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I ............. need to sell the GT... and I can't do it. I don't know what else (in that price range) that will have the same appeal, speed, and quality that the GT has. Looks like I am going to be stuck with this car for a while.[/IMG]

That's called a 'Happy Problem'! :thumbsup

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
We feel your pain. :rofl

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
As one famous auto journalist said...The Ford GT is a magical machine. I personally think that they are very witchy gals and have that rare "something" that only truly special cars have and once they have you your done and you can't (and don't want to) let go.

Relax and just enjoy the fact that it doesn't really get much better then the FGT and enjoy the ride.

Last edited:

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
I don't know what else (in that price range) that will have the same appeal, speed, and quality that the GT has. Looks like I am going to be stuck with this car for a while.

The answer to your question, Sir, is NOTHING in the world compares to the GT. As a serial car buyer, I can tell you that I have pondered this question from every angle. I defy a true car guy to own a GT and then try to replace it...

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
There is a replacement for a GT, but it's another GT...as many owners have discovered after making the mistake of selling their GT, and then hoping the second one they buy will be as good as the one they sold. :cheers

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
If you get to where you just can't stand it and really want something different, just drop a Whipple or twin turbo kit on your GT. That ought to hold you for a while. :thumbsup

tblackj

GT Owner
Oct 15, 2007
If you get to where you just can't stand it and really want something different, just drop a Whipple or twin turbo kit on your GT. That ought to hold you for a while. :thumbsup

Shelby keeps trying to get me to put a pulley and tune on it. The car scares me enough as it is.:lol

I am at the magical flip over from 2900 miles to 3000 miles... I'm just going to keep rolling with it!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Sounds Normal To Me !!

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
There is a replacement for a GT, but it's another GT...as many owners have discovered after making the mistake of selling their GT, and then hoping the second one they buy will be as good as the one they sold. :cheers

Kirby, I have found this a very fascinating phenomenon amongst the GT owners. There have been quite a few that pulled a 360*. Kinda cool actually.
:thumbsup

JimF

GT Owner
Dec 19, 2006
Palm Springs, Lake Tahoe
Upgrade

I understand your issue but the solution is clear. Sell the car and get the fast red one!:thumbsup

Jim

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I cant believe you rather sell the Gt before getting rid of the 997tt!:willy

Hot Oil

Jul 1, 2008
North Vancouver BC
Your black wheels definitley enhance the appearance of your car, well done!

Bob

Last edited:

TifosiTed

GT Owner
Jul 30, 2007
Chicago Burbs
Agreed. Only reason to sell would be to change the color.:confused

tblackj

GT Owner
Oct 15, 2007
I cant believe you rather sell the Gt before getting rid of the 997tt!:willy

I know. The Porsche was my first love. I have had three turbos and everytime I get rid of one, I end up looking for another one immediately. Just can't get away from that car.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I know. The Porsche was my first love. I have had three turbos and everytime I get rid of one, I end up looking for another one immediately. Just can't get away from that car.

But another 997TT will be easier to find than another Ford GT.

Especially with the new Porsche engines in the pipeline...And dual clutch on the way too.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
My problem with the GT is it makes me think like Imelda Marcos ....

man I need a 12 step program ... :bored:bored:bored

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
That's great news. I couldn't have described the experience better.