My beautiful GT is RIP

Black 907

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 9, 2006
Hi to all..Sorry to post this but my beautiful blue 1923 has given up it's life for me. July 9, 2007. Just left work. minding my own business and travelling 40 mph. A pick up truck pulling a boat became erratic clipping me in the right front end immediately spinning me into a pole. Jaw of life were used to free me. I wanted to post this in case my completely totalled car shows up somewhere. The engine and tranny were not touched and ilded perfectly after I finally came to a stop.....Broke two ribs..but I must say that the car is built like nothing else and truly saved my life....Already purchased another all black 06. Watch these other jerks on the road..No one is paying attention. This guy did not even stop.....So beware of 1923..I was told $140,000 in damage...But all is well in GT land once again..healing with a smile, great chiropractor..I guess I should now change my name to black 907...

Thanks to all on this forum for so much information and support..

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Hi to all..Sorry to post this but my beautiful blue 1923 has given up it's life for me. July 9, 2007. Just left work. minding my own business and travelling 40 mph. A pick up truck pulling a boat became erratic clipping me in the right front end immediately spinning me into a pole. Jaw of life were used to free me. I wanted to post this in case my completely totalled car shows up somewhere. The engine and tranny were not touched and ilded perfectly after I finally came to a stop.....Broke two ribs..but I must say that the car is built like nothing else and truly saved my life....Already purchased another all black 06. Watch these other jerks on the road..No one is paying attention. This guy did not even stop.....So beware of 1923..I was told $140,000 in damage...But all is well in GT land once again..healing with a smile, great chiropractor..I guess I should now change my name to black 907...

I'm just glad you are on the mend.

Are you saying you bought another GT?

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Very sorry to hear about this. Obviously the best news is you're okay, and a close second is that the GT did its job in sacrificing itself for you.

Glad you found another one so quickly. These are amazing cars and every time I hear of another one leaving us I'm truly disappointed. :frown

Let's be careful out there folks. The average driver's skill in this country seems to be heading the wrong direction... :thumbsdow

Aug 25, 2006
All I can say is that I feel bad for you and yet and VERY glad that you (albeit sore) are able to share the story.

You take care and enjoy your new gal.

Shadowman

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Thanks for sharing your information. Glad your on the mend and back into another GT.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Glad your ok and that you found another replacement GT.

We need to start sharing information and find a place to start sending all these wrecked GT so they can be parted or reman. by the right people.

S

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Glad that your on the road to a full recovery of your health.
Cars can be replaced.

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Bony is right on glad you are OK. :thumbsup

Black 907

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 9, 2006
Thanks for the well wishes.. people's driving skills are beyond bad and are becoming worse by the second. As I have mentioned, we have a great bunch of guys on this forum that truly appreciate this vehicle's greatness..and give a caring hand to all GT brothers in need. I walked away from a very serious crash with relatively minor injuries due to the engineering and build quality of our vehicles. I have so much love for this car that what better to purchase again..one with traction control and computer nannies? Hell no..So I searched and found an 06 all black and now driving happily once again..but now with even more wisdom.

People have been curious about a buy back on this car..However, Allstate insurance has been very secretive as to where the car has been towed or how it will be disposed of...Does anyone know anything about this, as this is my first and hopefully last incident.

Again thanks to all..can someone tell me how to become a member for lifetime

Thanks for listening
Gordon

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Gordon,
Truly a sad story. I'm really glad your on the road to recovery!

All the best!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Gordon wipe out

Whoa! I'm glad you're here. Let me know if you need a GT sticker for the new GT.

Ed

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Very glad to hear that the car gave its life for yours.
As wonderful as these machines are, it's a helpful reminder of our priorities.

Rich

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
I'm very glad to hear your alright. Sorry for your loss and glad to hear that it won't be the last memory you have in a Ford GT.

I could hear it now "I hope your Ferrari had insurance."

But all jokes aside i'm really glad to hear your alright.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Bye Bye Blue GT

Gordon
- glad to hear that you are on the mend. I am sure that your recovery time has been significantly reduced when you purchased the Black Beauty.

My sister Janet works for Allstate and I'll ask her to look into your car when she returns from a trip to Italy next week.

Generally speaking Allstate, and most other insurance companies, will place vehicles with one of the national salvage auction companies. And it will be sold to the highest bidder. And they only sell to bidders that have Salvage Vehicle Repair Licenses issued by a State.

Economic recovery for totaled vehicles is usually in the 20% range of the pre-accident book value. Specialty cars, like the GT, can go as high as 40% depending on the extent of the damage.

PM me with any additional info on your wrecked GT. It will make the info search easier if you will send me the claim number and state where the accident occurred.

Did they ever find the driver of the truck? I hope so.

Jeff

Side note - At Rally II we were told that Ford has ordered a number of new GT frames for the spare parts division. 10 is the number that comes to mind. Ford was running out of replacement frames for the GT.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Glad to hear you are fine, and that you got another GT. There have been many stories about how these cars have held up in severe crashes, protecting their owners...a real testiment to the engineering.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Side note - At Rally II we were told that Ford has ordered a number of new GT frames for the spare parts division. 10 is the number that comes to mind. Ford was running out of replacement frames for the GT.

Gordon - welcome back. Glad the "GT Perma Grin" is back on your face. Hope it doesn't hurt to much...

The reall scary thought and message I just read from PL510 was that the original Ford "batch" of frames have been put back into the marketplace sooner than expected.

I know this has been raised before but should we look to start an RIP thread as I'm sure that these rebuild will be poping up soon potentialy even as non-salvaged if the title is transfered around from state to state but a perceived non trust worthy person.

Will there be legal consequences for posting serial numbers as salvaged someplace on the site? Worse case - one member keeps the serial number and under request can reply to inquiry.

Last edited:

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Gordon - welcome back. Glad the "GT Perma Grin" is back on your face. Hope it doesn't hurt to much...

The reall scary thought and message I just read from PL510 was that the original Ford "batch" of frames have been put back into the marketplace sooner than expected.

I know this has been raised before but should we look to start an RIP thread as I'm sure that these rebuild will be poping up soon potentialy even as non-salvaged if the title is transfered around from state to state but a perceived non trust worthy person.

Will there be legal consequences for posting serial numbers as salvaged someplace on the site? Worse case - one member keeps the serial number and under request can reply to inquiry.

carfax does it so it should be legal:confused

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona

our cars sit so low to the ground that trux with trailers have a hard time seeing us.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Gordon, didn't mean to hijack this thread but.....

This week alone this site's been hawked by three "rebuilders".... Carfax is great but if there is a way - somebody will scrub the title due to the price, rariety and want for these fine cars. Another thread GTJOEY even jumped on about this issue!

It's not about a CARFAX but to insure that proper documentaiton can be had by all such as a Martini Report and we all don't gert burned by copycat artist's

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
I volunteer. pm me the numbers and we'll build a spreadsheet with as much info as possible. I can then send members/owners a link to the site to download it with a password.

Done

Steve

Gordon, didn't mean to hijack this thread but.....

This week alone this site's been hawked by three "rebuilders".... Carfax is great but if there is a way - somebody will scrub the title due to the price, rariety and want for these fine cars. Another thread GTJOEY even jumped on about this issue!

It's not about a CARFAX but to insure that proper documentaiton can be had by all such as a Martini Report and we all don't gert burned by copycat artist's

Last edited: