Must Do Mods = Big Smiles!

UB2SLOW

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2009
Suwanee, GA
Yesterday, I took my stock FGT to Team Ford in Alpharetta, GA to have the following mods installed on my car which I purchased from Torrie:

Heffner Exhaust
Heffner Pulley
New spark plugs (one step colder)
SCT Tune by Torrie

First of all the exhaust...it looks like a piece of art! Heffner makes an awesome looking piece that fits perfectly. In my opinion the best looking option on the market weighing far less (40 lbs.?) than stock. Now, the best part is the sound! It has a deep rumble that is not too loud and matches the car perfectly. The stock exhaust was far too quite for me. I had a smile on my face the entire drive home simply from the new sounds that my car makes! The next thing that I noticed were my engine temperatures. On my 45 minute ride home my car averaged 180 degrees. This is about 20 degrees lower than before I changed the exhaust.

Second the Pulley...The Heffner pulley is far lighter than the stock one weight wise. It is black and looks just like a stock pulley only smaller of course. It installed easily using a press. Though the blower comes off, this was far easier to install than I expected. The added power is very nice and is cheap HP.

Finally...Thanks to Torrie McPhail at UnleashedTuning.com who provided my tune, products, and the best customer service possible. Torrie was available for questions throughout my install and made this entire install a great experience. I can't say enough about the outstanding service his company provides.

If you are on the fence about doing this, get off the fence! This will bring a big smile to your face without a doubt. If nothing else, do the exhaust. It is a beautiful piece, lowers temps (at least in my case), and sounds like the car should!:thumbsup

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Congratulations on the upgrades. Now you should consider better tires, a trans cooler and maybe a short throw shifter :cheers

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Time for a Whipple with a 19psi pulley ;)

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Glad to assist you Rich if you need anything else you know where to find me :biggrin

Also I knew wholeheartedly you would be pleased with the end result especially of the Heffner exhaust that I tried to move you towards from the beginning.

Enjoy !

UB2SLOW

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2009
Suwanee, GA
Glad to assist you Rich if you need anything else you know where to find me :biggrin

Also I knew wholeheartedly you would be pleased with the end result especially of the Heffner exhaust that I tried to move you towards from the beginning.

Enjoy !

Torrie, there is no doubt I will enjoy. Again, thanks for everything!

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
I have an extra pulley and real nice belt for $200. I put one on my car and dynoed 610HP. I bought this for a local guy who changed his mind.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Torrie, there is no doubt I will enjoy. Again, thanks for everything!

:cheers:cheers:cheers

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
UB2, you purchased your car from Torrie? Or you purchased all the upgrades from Torrie? Or both?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
He bought the Pulley, cat back, SCT X3 flasher and my custom calibrations from me.

SKGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2008
Johns Creek, Ga
Congrats Rich! I still want a ride in your Viper.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Just curious guys - do the different spark plugs help performance, or were they just changed as a wear item?
Thanks !

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Its good to go a hair colder when you raise cylinder pressure as we did. Which is at the core of it of the change. Plus I just like the iridium's and run em in my own car.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Its good to go a hair colder when you raise cylinder pressure as we did. Which is at the core of it of the change. Plus I just like the iridium's and run em in my own car.

Hmmm, I didn't know that. Consequences of not doing it and then driving 1400 hard miles in California, and already another 100 in Edmonton?? I guess the next mod (spark plugs) is at the top of the hopper for me.....

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I stock them if anyone wants a set.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I stock them if anyone wants a set.

PM sent

BillyRay

GT Owner
May 5, 2008
Phoenix
Enjoy

I did a similiar mod to mine and its a WORLD of difference and sound!.
I had Rich & Dennis do my Accufab/tune/pulley/plugs/air box tube. I drove that car away and had a smile on my face like a won the damn lottery!!. People will now not only see you coming they will hear the music of the pipes.........Time for a ride......................Billy

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
I can say from experience that dealing with Torrie is always top notch!!!!

Congrats on the new symphony of sounds!! Nothing like it :biggrin

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I can say from experience that dealing with Torrie is always top notch!!!!

Congrats on the new symphony of sounds!! Nothing like it :biggrin

Thanks buddy !

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
People will now not only see you coming they will hear the music of the pipes.........Time for a ride......................Billy

For years my philosophy was, "If you can't hear it 3 blocks before you can see it...it ain't worth ownin'." 'Didn't follow that with #1079, but, I pbly will with the next one.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
For years my philosophy was, "If you can't hear it 3 blocks before you can see it...it ain't worth ownin'." 'Didn't follow that with #1079, but, I pbly will with the next one.

All you have to do is roll down the window and ring the bell on your steering wheel. You know, the one from the bicycle handlebars.

I can hear it now --Ring Ring Ring--get the kids off the street ep's coming. :rofl