Must bring list to Rally V

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Besides the obvious car. helmet. wife (with credit cards), etc., is there anything else essential to bring to the rally? For instance is there a need to bring the programmer if you have had a pulley and tune done to the car? Suggestions appreciated.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Besides the obvious car. helmet. wife (with credit cards), etc., is there anything else essential to bring to the rally? For instance is there a need to bring the programmer if you have had a pulley and tune done to the car? Suggestions appreciated.

I usually drive with my programmer tuck into nets behind the drivers seat. Have programmer will travel.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I'm trying to convince my programmer to go! Come on Black Ice!

Ed

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Video cameras are fun. Some tracks require long pants, long sleeve shirts, and gloves - I'm not sure about VIR. A mobile GPS for driving around the area was a welcome addition for me in Texas. I just ordered a Racelogic PerformanceBox which should be fun. A good tire pressure gauge too. Maybe some stuff to detail your car a bit if it gets filthy - perhaps some disposable rags, small bucket, and car cleaner. Blue tape if the track is gravelly.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
If you have the room, bring a small folding chair. Wally world has them for $5. I can carry two in my car (one in trunk, one behind seat). Also, most tracks want all of your stuff out of the car when you're on the track, so bring a small duffel to put everything in. Many of us will have torque wrenches, etc and we don't mind sharing. BTW, carrying a helmet in your car is a challenge if you have a passenger.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
BTW, carrying a helmet in your car is a challenge if you have a passenger.

Between the legs of your passenger. :lol

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ice, apparently you haven't traveled to the track with a woman in the car. Purse comes first, maybe a cooler.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Ice, apparently you haven't traveled to the track with a woman in the car. Purse comes first, maybe a cooler.

I have but that car had much more storage space.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Most hotels will let you ship UPS to your room and back.