Muscle Mustangs GT500 Vs Cobra Terminator shootout

TurboSteve

Apr 17, 2007
Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Shelby vs. Snake Shootout
MM&FF is looking for the baddest 2007-up Shelby GT500s to compete against 2003-2004 SVT Cobras.

Rules are as follows:

-All vehicles must fall into two categories—2007-newer GT500 or 2003-04 Cobra.

-Stock style suspension only. Solid axle transplant OK for Cobras.

-Full Interior. Racing buckets OK as long as there are two front seats, rear seat removal OK if carpeted/upholstered properly.

-Four-valve engines only—any modifications. Vehicles must be equipped a factory-based engine. That means 4.6L for the Cobras and 5.4L for the Shelby entrants.

-Any supercharger, nitrous and methanol injection OK.

-Any 28x10.5 non-W tire or up to 325mm drag radial.

-T-56 or TR-6060 transmissions only.

-Must have ALL NHRA required safety equipment, racing license per applicable elapsed time/mph for runs made on the day of the event. People who show up without the proper equipment will be immediately turned away. Do not enter send in an application if you do not have everything that you need to run. If you’ve run 10.20 and go in the 9s at the event, you will be required to have all applicable license and safety equipment.

-Must have full exhaust. Mufflers required and all cars must pass Englishtown’s noise restrictions. No bullet-style mufflers allowed. This is a very strict matter for us. If you think your car is too loud, it probably is. There will be no exceptions if a car is too loud.

Submissions must include the following:

• Pictures of the exterior, interior and engine.

• Detailed information about your car, including dragstrip times, and a list of modifications. Dyno information is optional. This does not mean that you have had to race at a track before, but it helps.

• Your contact information, phone numbers, email, etc…

Lastly, the event will be held early May in Englishtown, New Jersey at Raceway Park, MM&FF’s home track. More information about the event will be given out once the submissions have been tallied and competitors have been chosen. Shootouts are generally a one-day event and are held on a weekday, with the day following the event usually reserved in case of inclement weather.

Send all submissions to steve.baur@primedia.com, or snail mail them to Primedia, 9036 Brittany Way, Tampa, Florida 33619, Attn: Steve Baur.

Thanks and good luck,

Steve Baur
Associate Editor/MM&FF

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Hypothetically speaking... :wink

If I brought out a 04 cobra with a teskid block at 5.4L of displacement, fully built Ford GT heads and a 3.4L whipple, would I be disqualified?

No turbos at all?

Also, stock suspension means stock K-Member and stock springs/shocks? Or does it mean it retains the stock geometery/ride height etc?

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Hypothetically speaking... :wink

If I brought out a 04 cobra with a teskid block at 5.4L of displacement, fully built Ford GT heads and a 3.4L whipple, would I be disqualified?

No turbos at all?

Also, stock suspension means stock K-Member and stock springs/shocks? Or does it mean it retains the stock geometery/ride height etc?

You think you'd be able to post up a couple photos of that Hypothetical bad boy?! :wink

TurboSteve

Apr 17, 2007
No turbos. Just superchargers. As long as you started with a 4.6-liter block, you'll be OK. Stock suspension basically means no ladder bar or four-link setups. Tubular K-members and what not are OK.

Steve

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
You think you'd be able to post up a couple photos of that Hypothetical bad boy?! :wink

No prob, I'll post it up in a new thread when we get it buttoned up.

TurboSteve

Apr 17, 2007
Shootout update:

We're looking at scheduling this in October. We still need some GT500 guys to step up. The Terminators are at the ready.

Thanks,

Steve

dgussin1

Jul 6, 2006
Chicago, Il
the terminator guys have had 5 years to get ready...i'll come out, but i'll only have a high 10 sec ride, unless I spray.

MMP Shelby GT500 almost done......

I don't think it is fair to allow a second power adder personally. We will step up though with what we have. Putting in the Whipple 3.3 right now and should be posting numbers early next week!

shelby_4.jpg

Wish there was an event on west coast also!

Jack @ MMP Sales
Muscle Motors Performance, Inc.
jack@musclemotors.com
http://www.musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778
"Here to Make Racing Fun & Affordable for Everyone!"

dgussin1

Jul 6, 2006
Chicago, Il
I don't think it is fair to allow a second power adder personally. We will step up though with what we have. Putting in the Whipple 3.3 right now and should be posting numbers early next week!

Wish there was an event on west coast also!

Jack @ MMP Sales
jack@musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778

What have you run? looks like LACR. :ack

Whatever happened to run what you brung? 1, 2, 3 power adders?

Last edited:
Car was courtesy delivered from Ford to Vista Ford in Woodland Hills on 12/29/06. Went to LACR on 1/1/07 with it :biggrin It did a best pass bone stock 12.6 @ 113. It still spun the tires but we didn't feel like wasting anymore of the day on it especially at LACR.

Since then we have done many little mods here and there and been recording hp/torque gains so we can advise our customers of the best bang for the buck. Whipple is finally on and we will have numbers to post within this upcoming week. We have also designed a kit to make it fit under the factory hood so that is something we will be offering in a kit form very soon.

We will be at the track next weekend testing the suspension kit that we currently installed.

As for run what you brung that is fine for street racing but they should have a level playing field for example:

1 Power Adder 4.6 or 5.4
2 Power Adders 4.6 or 5.4

Basically a 2nd Power Adder is cheating IMO. Make the power with 1 and let that be the basis of who has the "baddest" car of all!

Jack @ MMP Sales
jack@musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778

TurboSteve

Apr 17, 2007
Hi guys and gals. We're still looking for cars for this shootout and others. We've got a lot of Terminators, just need some GT500s to step up.