Muffler removal

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
John,

If you need a hand please give me a call. I am in Humble and sounds like a good excuse to drive the GT somewhere. Plus I was a day slow on Kumars pipes, now I know who got them. I would love to here them once running.

Larry
281-380-4876

Larry,
Sounds good, but my wifes out of town and I'm doing the Mr. Mom deal. Probably this weekend.

John

I should also note that since Kumar hasn't waded in. I made the tips out stainless (17-4), then edm'd the channels through the face, and then engrave GT with flames on both sides of the GT. Then they we welded them on to the original.

Last edited:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
hey John you know Im always around to give you a hand as well. I have done this numerous times and it should come out without touching the transaxle, let me know if I can be of any help.

soroush

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
hey John you know Im always around to give you a hand as well. I have done this numerous times and it should come out without touching the transaxle, let me know if I can be of any help.

soroush

Sounds good. Let me see what's going on later in the week and I'll contact you and Larry. I want to kick around some ideas with you guys anyway.

John

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Well I should note that after removing the upper panel the exhaust came out just like a new born elephant. I wished they could have put another couple pounds on it, then I could take it to the scrap yard and get some money for it. Anyway the IDA pipes are on and I will have some pictures soon. I am on to all the other mods I'm doing. Sounds awesome. :banana

John

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
IDA pipes in with custom tips

The IDA pipes are in and they sound great. I made the tips at my shop out of 17-4 stainless. Wire edm the channels and engrave the top. :thumbsup

JOhn

Attachments

• DSC_0058r_resize.jpg
    DSC_0058r_resize.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC_0057r.jpg
    DSC_0057r.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 84

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
So are the tips over the top?

John

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Need to see it with the bumper back in place.....

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Should be soon. The exhaust with the tips are no longer than the original exhaust. The pipe was cut to compensate for the adding the tips.

John