djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
"My "other car" used an average of 11 gallons per quarter mile, or you could say 44 gallons per mile-

But the 0 to 270 mph in 3.0 seconds was worth it-"

So how was the mileage on the T70?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
So much work on such a detail, that not one owner will give a sh-t about. What are those numbers as WOT? ... Ha.

It is funny Specracer! I don't think we care about mpg but there isn't one aspect of the NGT that doesn't interest us! LOL

Ed

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Top speed is in 7th gear. Close ratio gearbox.

That statement is so full of awesomeness.

This is a barely disguised race car. Screw fuel economy, fiscal responsibility, etc.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
This is a barely disguised race car.

As close to the current race cars as the street GT40s were in 1966. Only changes are for emissions/safety, just like the GT40 street cars, except they needed a lot less done to them.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
That statement is so full of awesomeness.

This is a barely disguised race car. Screw fuel economy, fiscal responsibility, etc.

Agree ..... but a car that will go 200 mhp should still - at 60 mph in 7th gear be at a rpm level where I would have thought that mileage would have been higher ....

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It goes a fair bit more than 200.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Top speed is in 7th gear. Close ratio gearbox. 6th in the 05 GT was basically a double overdrive that would slow the car down at WOT at high speed unless you've got 1000 hp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

even @1000hp it still slows you down in 6th

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
It goes a fair bit more than 200.

I wonder what it'll do in a rolling 1.5 mile?

Ed

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
even @1000hp it still slows you down in 6th
6th gear perfect even with only 740 horsepower if you have the 3.90 gears.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Still not any confirmed hp rating? I read somewhere in a magazine or a blog that it was rated at 591 ... any truth to that?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Still not any confirmed hp rating? I read somewhere in a magazine or a blog that it was rated at 591 ... any truth to that?

Uh, no. :lol It is well over 600 and it is also a torque monster.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Agree ..... but a car that will go 200 mhp should still - at 60 mph in 7th gear be at a rpm level where I would have thought that mileage would have been higher ....

I think people who expect a driving experience like the '05-'06 GT are going to be in for a surprise. Some pleasantly, others maybe not so much. The last GT was a plush ride with good NVH and a lazy, under stressed power train. I think the new car will be the polar opposite, at least I hope so. The fact that it gets mediocre fuel economy gives me great hope that the motor is tuned to within an inch of its life. Just the way it should be.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I agree, this is going to be tough to get in and out of, less than zero storage, rough nvh, tiny cabin, the list goes on. And I can't wait to own one.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I agree, this is going to be tough to get in and out of, less than zero storage, rough nvh, tiny cabin, the list goes on. And I can't wait to own one.

Arguably easier to get in and out of than the 05.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Don’t care about mileage. When it goes to E ,I refill it!
In and out is kinda my thing!
As long as my wife can get in, Im all set! Its ok if she can’t get out!
Storage for my IPhone is all I need.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I think people who expect a driving experience like the '05-'06 GT are going to be in for a surprise. Some pleasantly, others maybe not so much. The last GT was a plush ride with good NVH and a lazy, under stressed power train. I think the new car will be the polar opposite, at least I hope so. The fact that it gets mediocre fuel economy gives me great hope that the motor is tuned to within an inch of its life. Just the way it should be.

You be on the right page. :facepalm::lol

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Well you won't hit your head as easily.....I suppose the sit on the sill and rotate does ease the transition, to basically sitting on the ground . The door sills are bigger than a C4 vette.

Arguably easier to get in and out of than the 05.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
I am with you, I also expected better mileage, especially the possibility of todays engine management. Sure I don't care in the end.

Regarding your Audi I suspect it is the same like my S6. When I did the testdrive I was quite shocked how laggish it was and there was no boost feeling. Once I changed from economy mode to normal or sports mode the car felt totally different and the MPG numbers have changed as well. And I guess the start/stop feature saves 1-2ltr/100km as well and I would not want to have one on the new Ford GT :thumbsdow

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
can't believe really discussing MPG on this car! If it is a concern get a hybrid Ferrari or Porsche. Only aspect I don't like is paying more taxes to the government (gas guzzler tax)