Moving West

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Well as of Friday I am a homeowner in Sheridan, Wyoming. Our Family plan is to move out in a few years and was wondering if any GT brother live around that part of the world???

John

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Enjoy.

Attachments

• Wyoming.jpg
    Wyoming.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 267

FM99

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 4, 2008
Iowa
Spent quite a bit of time working in Wyoming. Sheridan is a lovely town and Wyoming folks are grand.

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
Well as of Friday I am a homeowner in Sheridan, Wyoming.

I won't hold that against you! =) Not my kind of place (Grew up my teen years in WYO).

If planning to drive a GT in Wyoming, you've got some decisions to make:

1. Put snow tires on it, chains and a snow plow. :biggrin
2. Remove rims & tires; affix ski-type-rails; attach to horses or dog team. :lol
3. Go GREEN: Attach a sail and never start the engine. (VERY windy in WYO). :thumbsup
4. Put it in the garage and rarely drive it. :frown

You will CERTAINLY get attention for driving that FORD in Wyoming. And some day, I may make a summer trip through Wyoming and Montana. If so, I'll make a note to stop in Sheridan! =)

Enjoy it.

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Went to the University of Wyoming and I loved it. Four years of cold and wind during the winter, but great summers and the best people on earth. Wide open country and a great place to see some real speed :) My first personal land speed record was set there: 154 mph in a C4 Corvette. That was before the days of the 200 mph GT.

You will love Wyoming! If you are ever down Utah way, let me know and I'll show you around Larry Miller Motorsports Park.

Cheers

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Quite a few down I-25 in Denver. Buy a sled brother. Great snowmobiling in the Big Horns or Snowy Range. You'll love it. Summers are nice. Winters are for riding sleds :)

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Wyoming

Well as of Friday I am a homeowner in Sheridan, Wyoming. Our Family plan is to move out in a few years and was wondering if any GT brother live around that part of the world???

John

John,

I love Wyoming. One of the cool things about Sheridan is the proximity to Montana which has no sales tax! No State income tax in Wyoming and you can cross the border to shop sales tax free in Montana. How cool is that.

I had two aircraft built in Afton, Wyoming by Aviat. A Husky and a Pitts Special. Jackson Hole is a great ski resort. I enjoy walking the battlefield at the Little Bighorn just north of Sheridan. I've thought about buying property around Cody or Jackson.

Chip

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Wyoming

I don't think it's the best GT driving state but I go there & Montana almost every summer with my horse. Here I am on Weir Point at the Custer Battlefield. I'll be there again this year on the battle anniversary riding with the 7th.

Trooper Ed

Attachments

• Ed & Indy LBH 04.jpg
    Ed & Indy LBH 04.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 159
Aug 25, 2006
Home is IMO where you feel most comfortable as such I feel ceetain that you and your family ... including the Ford GT will be fine and enjoy the change.

Takes care

Shadowman

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
ED,

How many horsepower you got it that there horse?:rofl:rofl:rofl

Larry

Great Picture

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Dear Special ED, you never cease to amaze me. See you in a few weeks. Better make sure you bring warm clothes.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
warm clothes?

Dr F - I don't plan on being outdoors for more than a minute or 2. See you then.

Ed

PS We didn't hijack this thread as you'll need warm clothes for Wyoming too!