Motor City Masters Finale Party - August 26th, 2014!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Congrats to Camilo, of course. But I have to give credit to Ed Wellburn who could easily have decided another direction if auto politics had a hand in it. So Ed, 'this Buds for you'. And just for yucks, let Camilo have a go at the Corvette rear.

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Congrats to Camilo, of course. But I have to give credit to Ed Wellburn who could easily have decided another direction if auto politcs had a hand in it. So Ed, 'this Buds for you'. And just for yucks, let Camilo have a go at the Corvette rear.

I wondered if Chevy would let a Ford guy win. Ed Wellburn seems like a very cool guy. I really enjoyed they way he laid down the challenges throughout the series. Class act.

+1 on that Corvette ass end.

BTW, Harald Belker surprised me too. He was credible. And Jean Jennings is a total gearhead in spite of the hats.

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Could be they're looking for someone to help them...

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Could be they're looking for someone to help them...

Just my opinion but, I believe most of the issues are not founded in design, but in process(es).

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Just my opinion but, I believe most of the issues are not founded in design, but in process(es).

I think you're right

But, they could use him - God knows they don't seem to have someone capable of their present works...

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I think the Aztec designer got assigned to Corvette a few years back.
ajb

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Aztecs: Where the hell are they all? A future collectible, like a Nash Metropolitan?

Howard

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Aztecs: Where the hell are they all? A future collectible, like a Nash Metropolitan?

Howard

Rumor is you're hoarding them.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
BTW, Harald Belker surprised me too. He was credible. And Jean Jennings is a total gearhead in spite of the hats.
Jean was actually very personable laughing and smiling and seemed to really enjoy everyone. Did not come off at all like the stiff, no nonsense personality she showed most of the time on TV.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id

Howard

Here's what happened to one of them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx8_-kpWdVo

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
way cool. Fantastic outcome! Camilo must do his best work when he's sleepy!:tongue

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
:cheersThanks for having us over Dave! We had a great time. Congrats to Camilo. He is THE Motor City Master!!

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Congrats to Camilo

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Team Camilo

Dave,
Great party, unbelieveably cool garage and fantastic food/drink/people!:biggrin

I too was expecting a dry, focused Jean Jennings from what I saw on the TV episodes.
Turns out I was very wrong. She is engaging, smart and a real cornucopia of automotive knowledge. Don't let the hats fool you. She is the real deal and knows the automotive industry and cars very well.
I enjoyed very much talking to her and what it was like being a judge with such diverse contestants.

Darby, thanks very much for showing up and letting us tell you how talented you are and what a passoniate competitor you are. GM is lucky to have you on their team. Push the limits. You will go far.

And Camilo, what a victory! You are the MAN (which we all knew). To be there for your win with other FGT owners and flanked by 10+ Ford GT's in the garage which are beautiful from any angle.....what a moment. Glad we were there to cheer the victory announcement!:thumbsup

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Congrats Camilo! So proud of you and the work you've done, especially on our beloved FGT!

I love having one of his original (signed) masterpieces in my garage, and another hanging in my master bath! (original oil of my FGT and Viper)...