Misc.

gwbartlett

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Indiana
AM/Oil/Temp/Axle Flange

1.The AM band on my radio is ok for about 10 seconds when the car is started. The radio (am only) then produces an electical noise. Electric supercharger cooling system pump??? Or what???

2. My dealer can't get GT oil from our Indiana Ford distributor. They can only buy a pallet at a time therefore they won't buy the oil. Where can the local Ford dealer get it?

3. The coolant temp rises to about 200 degrees when A/C is off. Stays at 175 with A/C on. Is this a cooant temp sensor?

4. Afriend of my had the rear axle shaft inner flanges detach from the transaxle. Is this a problem to be concerned about. I talked to a Ford GT engineer and he said that it had occurred in cars with "heavy track use" only.

Thanks. 498

Last edited:

saber

GT Owner
Sep 25, 2005
NYC
gwbartlett said:
1.The AM band on my radio is ok for about 10 seconds when the car is started. The radio (am only) then produces an electical noise. Electric supercharger cooling system pump??? Or what??? I have not experience or heard of this problem

2. My dealer can't get GT oil from our Indiana Ford distributor. They can only buy a pallet at a tome therefore they won't buy the oil. Where can the local Ford dealer get it?

3. The coolant temp rises to about 200 degrees when A/C is off. Stays at 175 with A/C on. Is this a cooant temp sensor? NORMAL, other posts explain

4. Afriend of my had the rear axle shaft inner flanges detach from the transaxle. Is this a problem to be concerned about. I talked to a Ford GT engineer and he said that it had occurred in cars with "heavy track use" only.

Thanks. 498
The coolant temp change with the ac is normal and I have not heard about the AM issue before.

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
gwbartlett

You can use "Castrol Syntec SAE 5W-50 oil instead. I will use in my NEW 06 Ford GT and I use it in my 600rwhp 03 KB Mustang Cobra!!!

AMB

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
gwbartlett said:

Thanks. 498

Never heard of that one.... :confused

Actually its because the bolts were overtorqued from the factory (Ricardo not Ford) and under NORMAL use they sometimes break. If you consider that out of 2700 or so cars built only a couple have had this problem, its not that bad.

I'm suprised that your dealer can't get the oil, I don't think its true that you can only get it in pallets. Check with modfriendly on that one.

Last edited:

guywwagner

GT Owner
Sep 22, 2005
Nazareth,Pa
oil

My dealer got me a case,no problem at all.I suggest that you call another dealer.
Guy

tomkop

GT Owner
Apr 16, 2006
Central NJ
am radio

I picked up my GT 2 weeks ago and having same problem w/ the radio. I am reluctant to have someone start tinkering.

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
gwbartlett said:
2. My dealer can't get GT oil from our Indiana Ford distributor. They can only buy a pallet at a time therefore they won't buy the oil. Where can the local Ford dealer get it?

Thanks. 498

I have gotten several members oil and filters for their cars. If you need I can round up a case of oil for you.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
abolfaz said:
Never heard of that one.... :confused

Actually its because the bolts were overtorqued from the factory (Ricardo not Ford) and under NORMAL use they sometimes break. If you consider that out of 2700 or so cars built only a couple have had this problem, its not that bad.

Not necessarily so. Can happen when the car is tracked and the torque works the bolts loose. Only way to stop is by wiring the bolts so they cannot get loose.

While more likely to occur with a car that is tracked it can happen with any car. Something that should be checked when the vehicle is serviced.

Check this thread: http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13972#post13972

Particularly at the end of the thread.

Dave

Last edited:

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
barondw said:
Not necessarily so. Can happen when the car is tracked and the torque works the bolts loose. Only way to stop is by wiring the bolts so they cannot get loose.

While more likely to occur with a car that is tracked it can happen with any car. Something that should be checked when the vehicle is serviced.

Check this thread: http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13972#post13972

Particularly at the end of the thread.

Dave

Dave, notice the author of the post you quoted above and the author of the post in your link...

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
White Petunia said:
I'm still hoping for an oil change "kit" -- filter, cap o-ring, and oil. I was thinking the forum could agree what should be included in the "kit". thanks

I'm open to whatever you guys would like to include in the 'kit'.
Either PM me or post here and I'll be waiting.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I posted the radio problem many months ago and all I heard was that the motor makes the music etc.... I don't believe anyone has found out an answer but after installing an Alpine replacement and removing the sub, the problem has gone. :thumbsup

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
92NSX said:
I'm open to whatever you guys would like to include in the 'kit'.
Either PM me or post here and I'll be waiting.

No car yet for me so no oil changes yet, but soon enough I hope.

What else do we need besides what Vince suggested?

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
KJD said:
No car yet for me so no oil changes yet, but soon enough I hope.

What else do we need besides what Vince suggested?

I've had a couple of others also get some air filters.

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
Radio Problem

I only listen to am. Is your problem with the McIntosh or standard radio ?

gwbartlett

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Indiana
Radio Noise

McIntosh. Am only. If you get a portable radio near the car it does the same thing. A Ford GT exec told me they thought it was the supercharger electric water pump making electrical noise. My car goes in for the first service soon and that is on the list.