Michigan FGT owners passing through the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Fiveoh2go

Sep 1, 2008
VA
Has anyone on here recently toured the Blue Ridge Parkway? If so, you made quite an impression on us as you passed through the Harrisonburg area! :biggrin

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
Just curious how many FGT's you spotted and what colors you recall. I spoke with an owner from Michigan a few weeks back and he stated he was going to be passing through that area.

Pete S.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Was it white blue stripe?

Fiveoh2go

Sep 1, 2008
VA
Unfortunately I didn't see the GT's myself. I heard the story of them rolling through town while talking to some friends at an autocross event today.

Was it white blue stripe?

There were two GT's, one was white w/blue stripes and it may have had aftermarket wheels on it while the other GT was either black or blue (can't remember what they told me). Also there was an '03 or '04 Cobra accompanying them.

Last edited:

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
FGT's in VA

Yes it was myself (white/black GT), Bill (black/silver GT) and my brother Randy (2003 Cobra, luggage car). We did a run down through the Blue Ridge Parkway. That sure is a very nice and scenic drive. Here are a few pics.

Attachments

• IMG_2031.jpg
    IMG_2031.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_2003.jpg
    IMG_2003.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 174

Fiveoh2go

Sep 1, 2008
VA
The Parkway is such a nice cruise, glad you guys enjoyed it. Thanks for posting up some pics, your cars are stunning. :thumbsup

luxgt

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2009
luxemburg europe
hey GTguy

that are nice pictures. whish I had a brother FGT in my neighborhood to cruse with from time to time. Are the wheels on the white FGT the same size as the original? They look larger than the stock on the black FGT

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Pete S., these guys were within two - three hours of us and didn't call.... Their loss.

Rich, did you at least run the "Tail ofhe Dragon"

luxgt

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2009
luxemburg europe
anybody knows who this is?

Attachments

• IMG_6941.jpg
    IMG_6941.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_6948.jpg
    IMG_6948.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_6951.jpg
    IMG_6951.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 123

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
This post had me worried at first...Michigan FGT owners passing. Fortunately it was about a drive. Nice pictures and I am glad no one else passed.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Hey, you Michigan guys have to let us Ohio guys know when you are passing through our beloved state to drive such great roads, we would love to tag along!!!

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Parkway

The Parkway is such a nice cruise, glad you guys enjoyed it. Thanks for posting up some pics, your cars are
stunning. :thumbsup

No problem, thank you.

hey GTguy

that are nice pictures. whish I had a brother FGT in my neighborhood to cruse with from time to time. Are the wheels on the white FGT the same size as the original? They look larger than the stock on the black FGT

19's and 20's and the car is lowered about 3/4"

Pete S., these guys were within two - three hours of us and didn't call.... Their loss.

Rich, did you at least run the "Tail ofhe Dragon"

It was sort of a last minute trip. Next time I will post ahead of time. Yes we did run the Dragon. This time we ran it in the dark. Pretty fun.

Hey, you Michigan guys have to let us Ohio guys know when you are passing through our beloved state to drive such great roads, we would love to tag along!!!

Will do. We will have to plan something for next spring because this years Rally is about the end of our driving season here in the lovely North East.