Michelin - Brake Dust Repellent

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I tried this stuff last week and I was pretty happy with the results. The brake dust these cars create is monstrous. This product probably cuts the dust in half. It is easy to apply and not expensive. If you’re a clean freak it may keep you from rubbing down your wheels after a 30 minute outing.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
THANKS, FUBAR!!!!! 'Zactly what I've been looking for for months!!!:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
I tried this stuff last week and I was pretty happy with the results. The brake dust these cars create is monstrous. This product probably cuts the dust in half. It is easy to apply and not expensive. If you’re a clean freak it may keep you from rubbing down your wheels after a 30 minute outing.

Sorry, hate to disagree, but this stuff really sucks!:thumbsdow It comes out like a foam but has the consistency of water which I think it is! Has no slipperiness to it when applied. Wheelwax or Rejex is waaaaay better. All my local stores stopped carrying it because it was that bad. I wouldn't recommend it, just get a spray bottle and fill it with distilled water which would work just as well and cheaper. I saw absolutely no difference in brake dust compared to just water. Again, sorry to disagree but this was just my experience.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Why did I KNOW it was just too good to be true...?:frown

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I need some BS Repell-ass-ant, open to recommendations

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Sorry, hate to disagree, but this stuff really sucks!:thumbsdow It comes out like a foam but has the consistency of water which I think it is! Has no slipperiness to it when applied. Wheelwax or Rejex is waaaaay better. All my local stores stopped carrying it because it was that bad. I wouldn't recommend it, just get a spray bottle and fill it with distilled water which would work just as well and cheaper. I saw absolutely no difference in brake dust compared to just water. Again, sorry to disagree but this was just my experience.

If you have something to say, just say it

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK

:lol

I was thinking that too! :cheers

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois

OK I'l say it again, "IT SUCKS":thumbsup

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Everybody's entitled. I liked it. I think it worked for me.

This is what they say about the application:

Michelin Brake Dust Repellent is delivered to a clean wheel, allowed to wet the surface and wiped dry to a thin, streak-free film. When sprayed, a light foam will develop on the wheel and the foam will begin to break with an effervescent character. When the foam breaks, the repellent layer is forming to protect your wheels.

I like it over wheel wax because it is easy to apply. Spray it. Wipe it. Again, it doesn't repell everything, but it's easy and it will save you some effort in the long run. If you want to "wax" you wheels after every wash... go for it.

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
I have also tried it. Didn't work for me.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Okay. Stacey David is pitching some stuff called "Wheel Shield" on his "Gearz" T.V. show. ('Same spray on deal.)

Anybody used THIS stuff???:shrug

FordFanStan

Sep 11, 2007
San Diego
Sorry for the hijack but...

I never knew his show was out yet. Can you let me know the channel and times please. I never cared for his haircut, but you can tell he is a real auto enthusiast and gets all giggly when behind the wheel of something worthwhile. I'd like to see his new show. TIA, Stan

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
I've seen a lot of so-called solutions, but none that really work well. The problem is that the brake dust is hot when it touches your wheels, and that heat is usually good enough to stick itself onto just about anything. I'll keep an eye on this thread though - I would love to find a good solution! :cheers

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

I never knew his show was out yet. Can you let me know the channel and times please. I never cared for his haircut, but you can tell he is a real auto enthusiast and gets all giggly when behind the wheel of something worthwhile. I'd like to see his new show. TIA, Stan

Dang it, Stan, I didn't pay any attention to what channel/network it was on! :ack I just saw it for the 1st time this afternoon "channel surfing" during commercials. I'll see if I can find it in the "programing" blurbs 'n' I'll get back 2U if I do. :thumbsup

M

Mark O

I need some BS Repell-ass-ant, open to recommendations

Not sure it works on BS, but they claim it's for asses.............

http://mintyass.com/

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Not sure it works on BS, but they claim it's for asses.............

http://mintyass.com/

very popular stuff for the fire island crowd:biggrin:lol:biggrin

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
very popular stuff for the fire island crowd:biggrin:lol:biggrin

Uhhhhhh...and just how would you know that, Bony?:eek

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
brake dust solution

Geez - Bony has 5,666 posts! A sick man - I love it!!!

How about using the e-brake while driving? Those tiny pads can't generate too much dust. The fronts won't have any brake dust! Let me know how it works out Bony.

Ed

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina

Saw him tonight on ESPN2 HD when on the way home for a pop at the roadstand pub tonight ~ 5:30 EST Show looked good - picture, but no sound. Worked an English wheel, rebuilt a Bronco, had a great air brush artist and showed the "Wheel Shield" product.. After 2 :cheers :cheers it was time to go and clean my gal up for tomorrow! :thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Stan: S.D.'s show was just on again today. THE SAME EXACT SHOW. (Mike was right: ESPN2) So, I'm not going to make it a point to TVO it or catch it in person. 'Looks like rerun city to me.