Members who saw the VEyron at the Petersen 8-3-07

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
For those of us who were fortunate to be at the Petersen Museum on Friday night, and saw the Veyron, you may find this web site interesting.

http://www.glumbert.com/media/bugatti

To bad we don't have that German Test Track in So California ! You know Ed Sims would be all over it! :thumbsup

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Definitely watch the video above, it gives me chills to see how fast the Veyron is.

Here it is at the Peterson:

IMG_3571.jpg

IMG_3570.jpg

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
at 253 MPH, gas reserves last 10 minutes and tires go after 50 minutes. Sounds a little like Ed Sims at Thunderhill ???

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I had the opportunity to visit thr Bugatti museum in Molsheim France. It houses the largest colection of Bugattis in the world (2 royals!!). The Veyron was there. This mueseum is a must see. It has a enormous collection of French makes as well as others. It is located in Alsace which is probably one of the most beautifull regions in France therefore the wife would not mind going. I know this area very well if anyone would like any info

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.
at 253 MPH, gas reserves last 10 minutes and tires go after 50 minutes. Sounds a little like Ed Sims at Thunderhill ???

That would be 42 miles down the road. So you need to pit for gas every 10 minutes and tires every 50 minutes. Even Bonneville needs a turn around to go half that distance. How fast could it get up to at the texas mile? and its still a VW I'll take the Ford any day. :confused

FLY GT40

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Yeah, it's fast, but after seeing it in person it looked to me like someone hit it with an ugly stick...a nicely painted and finished ugly stick, but still an ugly stick.

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Ugggly...

Chris...couldn't agree more. Believe it or not - I know of a gent who has 4 (yes, f-o-u-r) of these. One at each of his international homes!! He's got some serious wings too. :willy

G.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Yeah, it's fast, but after seeing it in person it looked to me like someone hit it with an ugly stick...a nicely painted and finished ugly stick, but still an ugly stick.

Agreed, it's a flying turd... an insansely fast one. But for 1.2 mil you could get a VW winnie car to break that mark.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
If you saw my heritage veyron you'd change your mind about ugly!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Ed Sims vs Veyron

I'd take on the Veyron at Thunderhill or any race track with a few corners. Bring it on!

Ed