Meet Peter Brock in Atlanta

FFCobra

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2006
GA
Meet Peter Brock this Saturday at 4 PM at the Factory Five trailer at The 2010 Mitty (Road Atlanta). Peter Brock is best known as the designer of the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe and from racing Datsun's under the BRE banner.

He'll be taking questions about his days at Shelby, his Datsun racing days, his memorabilia, restorations, photo journalism, etc.

Bill

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Pete Brock (at about age 20) also did the initial 1957 design for GM that led to the Stingray.

Amazing guy.

http://www.motortrend.com/classic/features/c12_0601_corvette_stingray/index.html

http://bre2.net/index.php?section=52

http://www.coachbuilt.com/des/b/brock/brock.htm

c12_0601_01l+corvette_stingray+side_view.jpg

Last edited:
H

HHGT

Wow I did not know that. Thx for sharing:thumbsup

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Mr. Brock is a true gentleman. Is anyone going to the Mitty? I'm thinking about driving up from the Tampa Bay area.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston

Great links! Thanks!

FFCobra

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2006
GA
Had a great time at the Mitty today. Peter lead a group of us around the track in a 370Z race car. If you want to come to the Cobra meet and greet be by the Factory Five trailer at 4 PM; rain or shine. If you have a Daytona coupe model or poster, bring it along. He was graciously signing things all day today.

Bill

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Bill,

Superformance was to have their new slabside Cobra at the Mitty. Was it there?

FFCobra

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2006
GA
Bill,

Superformance was to have their new slabside Cobra at the Mitty. Was it there?

I don't think so. Superformance had just two cars and a really small booth. Factory Five and Backdraft had nice set ups, but not Superformance.

Bill

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
Had a great time at the Mitty today. Peter lead a group of us around the track in a 370Z race car. If you want to come to the Cobra meet and greet be by the Factory Five trailer at 4 PM; rain or shine. If you have a Daytona coupe model or poster, bring it along. He was graciously signing things all day today.

Bill

We actually built that car for Nissan. They dropped it off on March 19 and in 28 days we took a bone stock Nissan 370Z sport model and stripped the interior, built a custom roll cage, custom seat frames for the Sparco racing seats, installed a myriad of performance parts that all conform to SCCA T2 class rules, performed the custom tuning, installed performance suspension and brake components and did the custom paint job and installed the Nismo body kit. It felt like a SEMA project but it was fun. Mr. Brock designed the paint scheme and STILLEN did all of the build.

FFCobra

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2006
GA
We actually built that car for Nissan. They dropped it off on March 19 and in 28 days we took a bone stock Nissan 370Z sport model and stripped the interior, built a custom roll cage, custom seat frames for the Sparco racing seats, installed a myriad of performance parts that all conform to SCCA T2 class rules, performed the custom tuning, installed performance suspension and brake components and did the custom paint job and installed the Nismo body kit. It felt like a SEMA project but it was fun. Mr. Brock designed the paint scheme and STILLEN did all of the build.

It was a great looking car. I told the guy from Nissan that if they would put the GTR engine in the 370 body I would love to have one.

Here's a couple of pics of Peter Brock.

WalterMittyApr10084.jpg

WalterMittyApr10089.jpg

DSC_4186.jpg

Bill

Last edited:

FFCobra

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2006
GA
DSC_4185.jpg

My car...