Meet at the GT Factory

ksracing71

Jun 16, 2006
Has anyone heard of the meet in August at the Saleen/Ford GT plant in Troy, MI?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
:lol You could say that.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
No way... there is a meet in Detroit at the plant. I wanna go... :willy

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
your kidding...... DBK - what have you and Joey been doing?

54 DAYS TO GO!!!!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
if Jerry is going, count me in, neat idea, maybe Joey will want to come to represent the swamps of Jersey :biggrin

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
ksracing71 said:
Has anyone heard of the meet in August at the Saleen/Ford GT plant in Troy, MI?

There are a couple of threads addressing the meet. It has now filled up and is therefore a closed event.

Thanks for the question - it could have been new information, but everyone here is aware.

ksracing71

Jun 16, 2006
GT Meet

Sorry if it was old news to everyone. I just found out about it last week before leaving work.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
We were just funning which ya...

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
ksracing71 said:
Sorry if it was old news to everyone. I just found out about it last week before leaving work.
We old folks here are all keen to find out what old news are next to be found out :rofl or inquired about by the new kids on the block, like, hmm, maybe a rattle in the dash ? :lol Anyone heard of that one ??

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
well, maybe I´m a little unfair. But it makes good practice to first search old threads if someone wants to inquire about something. By now, here is more info accumulated than in the instruction booklet of the car itself !

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
YOU MEAN THERES ROOM TO BRING DEAR MOTHER IN LAW, AND ALL THIS GOOD NEWS ON FATHERS DAY! :thumbsup ENJOY GTJOEY1314

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
SLF360 said:
well, maybe I´m a little unfair. But it makes good practice to first search old threads if someone wants to inquire about something. By now, here is more info accumulated than in the instruction booklet of the car itself !

Hey Stefan,
Tried your Vodka last night... Also YES Vodka from Holland and retasted VOX again... how have you been, where have you been?

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
ksracing71 said:
ksracing71,
Sounds like you work at the plant. If so, what's up? Are you all just hearing about the raley in August?

ksracing71

Jun 16, 2006
They don't tell us much.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
In the spirit of this thread...

Has anyone heard about the Ford GT forum?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It's going to be fun. Everyone will be thrilled to meet and watch the guys who built their cars work on these things. Start doing hand workouts and work on standing their for pictures (if you guys can get a chance to come outside once you're done for the day). Sucks no cameras allowed inside, but the rules is the rules...

ksracing71

Jun 16, 2006
I found this site while doing a GT search.

We'll be out there at lunch and after work to check things out.. Bring the cameras anyway, (you never know).

I'll sign your car :wink

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
If you work at SSV, you saw me there like 10 days ago. I was up there for two days, watching my white/blue car be built. Young guy, shaved head, beard. Took a ton of pictures and wandered around all day.

ksracing71

Jun 16, 2006
I remember. Hope you enjoyed the visit. It's not everyday you get to see your car being built.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
DBK... were you the guy that was on American Idol? :wink