Mecum Indy

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Headed up on Thursday for just a few hours to check out the cars. Always a good time and a low mile GT up for auction.
http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?CFGRIDKEY=SC0514-184174

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mecum Indy auction just sold 2005 Ford GT, 500 miles , white/Blue stripes with all options on MSO owned by Ford Dealer for $380,000 plus Auction Fee.

Tomcat

GT Owner
A Pantera went for $125k...the market is nuclear

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
.the market is nuclear

Oh,

Is that why a FIAT Dinos now trade for over $500,000?

Yeah, the emperor has no clothes. :lol

Ramair

GT Owner
Mar 23, 2015
On Friday, this 5,718 mile Heritage bid up to $400k ($432K with 8% buyer premium) at Mecum in Indy.

No sale

https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail/SC0515-214512/0/2006-Ford-GT-Heritage-Edition/6-Speed/

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
He's a buddy of Mecums. He owns car dealerships through out Texas. He bought the Heritage 11-14-14 at Mecum Anaheim auction lot #S155.1, 3 option car vin#1469 paid $ 385K "all-in". I believe he sold off a big piece of his collection 2 years ago for $22 million or so, and didn't use Mecum, maybe it was R&M?

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Oh,

Is that why a FIAT Dinos now trade for over $500,000?

Yeah, the emperor has no clothes. :lol

A bit of an unfair shot at the timeless and beautiful mid-engined Dino ... which was accepted many years ago as a true Ferrari. Yes, Fiat assembled the engines, but Pininfarina designed it and Scaglietti built it ... both firms synonomous with Ferrari road cars. And it was named for Enzo's son Alfredino, who tragically died at a young age after helping design the DOHC V6. If you ever drive one, you'll see why those that have enjoyed it so much ...very light and nimble, especially in the twisty's.

Yes, I own one and could care less what the market says it's worth. Beautiful car with a high reving V6, just like the new FGT. BTW, mine's not red either.

usmcfred

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Might want to sell now before the bubble bursts and they become the $60,000 car they were just a couple years ago.

At $60K, I see the appeal, at $500K, it think it is hysteria. I have driven one, and Yeah, I don't appreciate Dinos, that is on me. But I do think with todays market, all F-cars deserves some ribbing.

jvmax

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 13, 2008
I don't think these cars were $60k a couple of years ago as I had a chance to buy 2 years ago for under $200k. Ferrari and Porsche seem to be leading the triple digit percent increases recently as everyone seems to be flipping these lately.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I may be off time wise on the Dino, but it wasn't that long ago.

2 years ago, 512s were under $150. I can't see a Dino exceeding the value of the 512, but that is just me.

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Might want to sell now before the bubble bursts and they become the $60,000 car they were just a couple years ago.

At $60K, I see the appeal, at $500K, it think it is hysteria. I have driven one, and Yeah, I don't appreciate Dinos, that is on me. But I do think with todays market, all F-cars deserves some ribbing.

You can't drive your bank account or stock portfolio. I'll keep the Dino, bubble or not.

BTW, jvmax is correct, it's been 15 years since you could buy a well sorted Dino for $60k.

usmcfred

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
You can't drive your bank account or stock portfolio. I'll keep the Dino, bubble or not.

:cheers

I have a couple cars that are shooting up in the bubble too. I couldn't or more accurately, wouldn't pay current prices to buy one but I will just keep them and try my best to use them up. Sorry if I offended. I have seen these run-ups before and they usually come crashing back down to reasonable levels soon enough.

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
:cheers

I have a couple cars that are shooting up in the bubble too. I couldn't or more accurately, wouldn't pay current prices to buy one but I will just keep them and try my best to use them up. Sorry if I offended. I have seen these run-ups before and they usually come crashing back down to reasonable levels soon enough.

No offense taken. I've just never bought a car for value appreciation, including my FGT. I really like the Dino's design and driving experience and really don't care if it drops at some future point.

I also have a '72 chrome bumper silver Pantera (pre-L) which I like a lot. It has certainly climbed in value from when I bought it in '74, however I agree that $125k for a Pantera is crazy. It must have been an absolutely perfect, unmolested car ... or alternatively, one built up with some monster motor, twin turbos, a rear wing, etc. that the boy racers seem to covet.

usmcfred

Tomcat

GT Owner
No offense taken. I've just never bought a car for value appreciation, including my FGT. I really like the Dino's design and driving experience and really don't care if it drops at some future point.

I also have a '72 chrome bumper silver Pantera (pre-L) which I like a lot. It has certainly climbed in value from when I bought it in '74, however I agree that $125k for a Pantera is crazy. It must have been an absolutely perfect, unmolested car ... or alternatively, one built up with some monster motor, twin turbos, a rear wing, etc. that the boy racers seem to covet.

usmcfred
A GT and a Pantera...must be a Navy/Marine Corp thing!

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
I totally agree you can't drive a stock or a bond, but that has been my "thing" for sometime. I have been selling stocks and buying a few select cars , nothing really special yet other than the one FGT. Waiting for that buying opportunity that eventually shows up. Have to have the money available when the opportunity arises, right? Cash talks and BS walks.