McIntosh Bluetooth Install

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
Guys, I'm working on integrating a Parrot MKi9200 with the McIntosh head unit and for obvious reasons do not (and will not) cut into the factory harness. I contacted Ron at McIntosh, he thought they spec'd the GT head units with standard ford plugs but was not sure what the part number or style was.

Anyone have a part number, or even photo of the plug? It would be great if it were the same as an F-150 or a Focus! I'll keep my fingers crossed :cheers

Thanks!

atspeed

LAST BLU
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 13, 2007
Berkeley, CA
On a similar note, can anyone confirm that the McIntosh head unit connectors changed from 2005 to 2006? I have a 2006 GT and a 2005 electrics manual. When I went to add an iPod adapter to my car I found that the the connectors specified in the 2005 manual weren't at all what I had on my 2006 car. I had to keep searching around to find +12. And I don't mean a small change either. Very different connections. Thoughts, or is it just me?

michael

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No one to date has mentioned a difference between 05 and 06 models. Kendall and ShadowMan would know best from experience, but are you sure you're looking at the Mac hookup and not the Sanyo? I've personally found the people at MacIntosh to be relatively worthless for info. Most of them don't know the GT had a Mac and they assume it is the same as the head unit they normally sell. It's not.

DataDale

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 21, 2007
Dearborn Hgts.
checking data

Guys, I'm working on integrating a Parrot MKi9200 with the McIntosh head unit and for obvious reasons do not (and will not) cut into the factory harness. I contacted Ron at McIntosh, he thought they spec'd the GT head units with standard ford plugs but was not sure what the part number or style was.

Anyone have a part number, or even photo of the plug? It would be great if it were the same as an F-150 or a Focus! I'll keep my fingers crossed :cheers

Thanks!
I'll take a look at the cad data in that area and let you know
Dale

DataDale

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 21, 2007
Dearborn Hgts.
Mac wires to GT ip harness

Just veiwed Cad data. And VP left out the Mac harness.
see attached

Last edited:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
My experience is that there is no difference between the 2005 and 2006 cars with respect to the stereo harneses and connectors. Further, the Mac harness appears to be unique and unlike any Ford connector that has been found so far.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Here are pics of the back of the radio with the "ford" connector. Notice the two wires hardwired into the back of the radio:
BackRadioconn.jpg

BackRadio.jpg

Here is the Mac harness connector.... good luck finding one of these. Best to work on the back of the radio connector...

MacHarness.jpg

DataDale

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 21, 2007
Dearborn Hgts.
Yes this is a Mac Connector.We at Ford GT Had this handed to us by Vehicle personalization group. We didn't do this.
I have pin out info in my boxes, if you deside to splice into the harness.
let me know and I'll did it out.
This should actual be just a short jumper to the Factory I/P harness.

DataDale

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 21, 2007
Dearborn Hgts.
beware 2005 manual

On a similar note, can anyone confirm that the McIntosh head unit connectors changed from 2005 to 2006? I have a 2006 GT and a 2005 electrics manual. When I went to add an iPod adapter to my car I found that the the connectors specified in the 2005 manual weren't at all what I had on my 2006 car. I had to keep searching around to find +12. And I don't mean a small change either. Very different connections. Thoughts, or is it just me?

michael

The 2005 manual is junk.
I personally did 283 changes to that manuel after I browsed it.
there in the 2006 manuel. but no connector change.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The 2005 manual is junk.
I personally did 283 changes to that manuel after I browsed it.
there in the 2006 manuel. but no connector change.

Are those 283 changes to the electrical section, or does that include the mechanicals as well?

I have the 2005 CD manual, how different is it from the 2006?

DataDale

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 21, 2007
Dearborn Hgts.
2005 Book

Are those 283 changes to the electrical section, or does that include the mechanicals as well?

I have the 2005 CD manual, how different is it from the 2006?

they were all on the mech side book 1 .
Things like wrong image of part in picture.
Missing Ford Part numbers in chart part breakdown area.
stuff like that.It's not that theres a lot wrong with it.
It's that 2006 was more refined and FCSD and the Mech and owner had started to shake out the bugs. The 2005 is better than nothing.

DataDale

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 21, 2007
Dearborn Hgts.
The 2006 book had more eyes on it. We were finding the bugs of the 2005.
the changes I wrote to it were mech side.

Aug 25, 2006
I am very late to this party and yet there were no changes between 05-06

Takes care

Shadowman