Matech Racing Ford FIA GT1 World Championship Cased Book Set

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
I should think that every 2010 Le Mans sponsor would want to have one since your name was on that car. How cool was that! (Thanks DBK and Chip Beck) Question: would there possibly be a page in the book with a picture of Ford GT Forum list of sponsors on the car? I can't wait to see the book.

As one of the sponsors as well. I think this is a great idea!. I am in for 1 set.

Will the book include 2008 and other history, or is it limited to LeMans 2010?

Thanks!

DGCA

*Supporting Vendor*
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2007
Southern California
Please put me down for a set.

xrayman396

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2006
Bucks County Pa
Great Please put me in for a set. Thanks

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Merry Christmas to me. I'm in for two sets.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I am in as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Put me in for another, 2 total.

Stu

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Will the book include 2008 and other history, or is it limited to LeMans 2010?

Thanks!

Vincent,

The books are about the Matech Team racing in the GT1 Championship in 2010. The entire season.

Chip

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Chip - Please reserve one set for me . Thanks and keep us posted on status.
Since Margaret and I were in attendance with all of you that year in LeMans, it will be a great Re-cap on the activity of that week.!

Andy Benedict (ajb)

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Chip - Please reserve one set for me . Thanks and keep us posted on status.
Since Margaret and I were in attendance with all of you that year in LeMans, it will be a great Re-cap on the activity of that week.!

Andy Benedict (ajb)

Andy,

Although I put up this thread because I wanted to be sure that this project succeeded (and it has), this book set is about the entire European Championship season in 2010. LeMans is just a minor part of it. Steven did a photo book about LeMans some months back but it did not have the technical and background information, details about the team and drivers, exploded and detailed photos of the build processes turning the Ford GT chassis into a winning race car, photos of all the circuits where Matech raced and a lot more. Also I want to be sure all of our members know that this is Steven Nesta's project and he is the author and creator of these books. My only contribution is making our members aware of his work and that these book sets are for sale.

chip

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Hello Chip. Hope you and yours are well. I would like to be added to the list for the set.

Regards,

Vince H

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Thanks Chip...for explaining better than me. Now that it's clear that it's me doing the book sets, are the orders going to fall off a cliff ???

Thanks to Dave and Chip, there's been a great response to this project that was one year in the creation (the 2010 GT1 World Championship), but a further 3 years to completion, as life has gotten in the way of me making this a reality. These sets represent the culmination of my work with Matech in 2010, with the very best of my photographic work laid down in print, rather than on a hard drive and monitor. Jose, the design engineer and race engineer spoke about 6000 words to me as he turned the draft pages to add some technical aspects to the images. Last night, I completed my final telephone interview with Thomas who was race driver for the team and operations manager back at the factory, and who many of you met at both Le Mans and at VIR. I've now about 7 hours of conversation to type up and insert into the book. This makes it without doubt, the most complete document of the the modern era racing with the Ford GT.

Please note though...that this set of 3 books is about the 2010 GT1 World Championship. It is not about the team's entry and participation at Le Mans, that many of you sponsored and joined the team in France for. However, the book does reference Le Mans in some of the technical commentary that Jose gives, as the car was designed first and foremost around racing at Le Mans, and the aerodynamic development had Le Mans as the primary concern. In addition, the homologation of the car with both the FIA and the ACO meant that the car was eligible for both the GT1 World Championship and Le Mans, subject to minor changes.

It's important that people recognise that this book is about the World Championship and not Le Mans, as I don't want people to buy this set of books thinking they would be seeing the Forum sponsored car at Le Mans. While the forum didn't sponsor the team during the GT1 season, you were certainly at the forefront of my mind, in terms of keeping you informed. During that season, thanks to the great time everyone had at Le Mans with the team, a few of you came out again to support Matech in this Championship, namely Joe and Sandra Dozzo in Portugal, Dave Bannister and his father, with Camilo at Nurburgring, and Ray Hofman to Spain. And in the final race in Argentina, while Joe Dozzo may have been unable to join us in person for the race, his was unbelievably generous in sponsoring the team at that most difficult of times. One day I might explain what he did for us. To you all, we thank you. And I thank you, for being the friends and family of Matech, and me :) I met many of you at Le Mans and more new faces at VIR. This is one of the few forums I visit several times a day, to follow what you are all up to.

So, to finish....these book sets are incredible. I'm so very proud of what I have achieved with them, and I am 100% confident you will be over the moon with the products. If you have any questions about the books, please feel free to ask on this thread or drop me a PM and I'll get back to you asap.

Thanks,
Steven

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

At the end of our trip to LeMans in 2010 I was in the garage talking with Martin and I came across a bound book of technical specifications. I picked it up and started looking through it. Martin Bartek told me that it was the homologation papers for the Matech GT1 cars that were submitted to the Federation Internationale De L Automobile Group (FIA) for approval. It contained detailed photos and diagrams of every part of the car from the air-conditioning system to the roll bars, suspension arms and brakes, windshield and body panels, engine, transmission, and instrumentation, you name it. 57 pages of photos and technical specs. Each page in the book was stamped and signed by an FIA representative and Martin Bartek signed it as well. I asked Martin if I could get a copy of that bound collection and he told me that only copies were in the hands of the FIA and a few copies remained with the team. The book was not meant for public consumption. It contained an amazing wealth of information and I asked him if I could borrow a copy so that I could reproduce it and that I would send him back his original. He stunned me when he told me that I could keep the one in my hands and that I would be the only person outside of Matech team members who possessed one. It resides today in my collection of Matech memorabilia. Steven also has a copy of these homologation papers and he told me that he could reproduce the entire full color book for about $45 a piece. He asked me if I thought our members would want that third book included in this set and I said yes I certainly did. If I am off-base here please let me know. I have photos below of 4 pages of the 57 pages to give you some idea what it looks like. It is spiral-bound. It would be a near exact duplicate of the original that I possess. I don't think an extra $45 would stop anyone from wanting to have a copy.

Again, if I'm off-base as regards this, post up here. The homologation papers will not be available individually. Steven sent me a photograph of the case he is working on to enclose the book set in and it's amazing. As soon as he has a final design he will post a photograph of it in this thread. I'm very excited about this and can't wait to get my set.

Chip

spyder625

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 23, 2008
Things are always better in 3's anyway.... Can't wait to see them complete.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Steven

Just to be sure I understood it correctly. Is there absolutely nothing from Le Mans 2010 in the book?

Thanks
Anders

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Bad boy Anders !

I was just sayin' ;-)

Last edited:

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Chip,

I'm in for a set.. The third book was an added bonus when I got to the end of the posting..
Thank you

Bruce

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Steven - Your work and experience with Matech is so amazing and valuable as a part of GT history that I can't imagine any of us not wanting it regardless of its Le Mans content. I am absolutely in for at least one set and would prefer to have two sets. Your concern simply shows your pure intent.

Chip - I will take you up on two copies of the homologation book as well. An invaluable piece of history. Since I'm in phoenix I'd be glad to come fetch it from you at any time.

Nathan

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
+1, thanks.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
+1, thanks.

Congratulation.