Matech Racing enters Ford GT in FIA GT3

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
matech01jz1.jpg

This impressive and somewhat emotional project is all down to Martin Bartek, owner of the Matech Concepts Company, located in Switzerland. And to see the project through to a successful completion the Swiss team, to be christened Matech Racing, have called on Christian Schumacher, well known at an international level as a Porsche tuning expert (amongst which the fiery GT2-R), apart from the numerous international and national participations throughout Europe. This Belgian, whose workshops are now based in the Nürburgring region, has taken on the job of preparing the Ford GTs as also their homologation with the FIA. And as full proof of this project’s quality, Andreas Hainke, who last season was working for Race Alliance in the FIA-GT championship, has now also joined the technical team. Together with his staff he will be heading up the management and organisation of Matech Racing for the various FIA-GT3 championship events. Here we undoubtedly have a well structured team that will be going places.

http://www.planetlemans.com/cmsv2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2358&Itemid=2

Cobraman

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
FordGTGuy Thanks so much for passing along this information. When SpeedTV plays the tape delays from the FIA GT3 series this year, it'll be fun rooting for the GT. The comments from Christian Schumacher seem to mirror the comments that I've seen from others who are in the process of converting the road version to a racing version in that it's a great foundation from which to start. I also didn't know that Stephane Ratel was such a GT fan. That was good to hear. John

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
FordGTGuy Thanks so much for passing along this information. When SpeedTV plays the tape delays from the FIA GT3 series this year, it'll be fun rooting for the GT. The comments from Christian Schumacher seem to mirror the comments that I've seen from others who are in the process of converting the road version to a racing version in that it's a great foundation from which to start. I also didn't know that Stephane Ratel was such a GT fan. That was good to hear. John

No problem man glad to hear that you like it :). Going to go have to find out when it comes on so I can Tivo the races.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Thanks for sharing....

Cobraman

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
No problem man glad to hear that you like it :). Going to go have to find out when it comes on so I can Tivo the races.
Not sure when or if they'll be on again, but last year there was about a six month delay after the first race, and then it got closer to about a two month delay for the last race. The same kind of scheduling for the year before. Last year I loved watching the Astons and the MC12's (my favorites) fight it out. I can only imagine how great it will be having a new favorite this year, the Ford GT! John

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Ah damn! I did a repost!:biggrin

Cobraman

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
Darn! I missed the first post in Media Center, so now I'll have to watch the video a second time... :biggrin

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Very cool

Thanks for the (re)post!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Now that is cool !!!

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Anyone know anything about that wheel/tire set up?

MWG

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Northern California
There are more photos of the car in this article.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/04/23/more-on-the-ford-gt-entrant-to-gt3/

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
Thanks for the posts

Thanks much for all the info.. This should get real interesting!

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
First Official Pictures:

rgates

GT Owner
Jul 1, 2006
Hope this is not a repost

This thing is tight (as my kids put it)

http://www.fiagt3.com/gallery.php?event=54&season=2007

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
The car sounds like it's being shifted electronically and not manually?

fordification

Aug 9, 2005
I'd give anything to race a gt for a living.

can someone direct me to some specs on the car? it sure sound like a big bore motor but the 5.4 would be hard pressed to get 7L.

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
The car sounds like it's being shifted electronically and not manually?

sequential shift on gearbox.have a close look at the interior pic you can see it only has 1 cable.

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
What an incredible car. Someone needs to sell this guy a short throw shifter though.

ford-_gt_3-5_grande.jpg