Matech Engine Compartment

MWG

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Northern California
Footage includes a look at the Matech engine compartment and some track footage. Looks and sounds great on the track. (Half the clip is in Dutch.)

http://www.brightcove.com/title.jsp?title=1155109588&channel=151854663

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Interesting view.

It looks like the air is being taken in from the upper clam vents, the ones that melt. Other pics show this area as cut open.

The two funnel scoops are being used to grab air and move it to the rear...humm , what is this all about, do they have a trans cooler mounted back there? or if the that huge cooler with vent a trans cooler.

Can't quite figure out what they are doing with the funnel vents.

Thanks for posting, sounds like the cars are doing well. Pretty good for a first season. It took the first season to sort out the original GT40's.

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Wonder if we'll be able to watch the video of the race on Youtube or somewhere on the Net...

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
They look like they are using the stock supercharger??

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Yup it does look stock.

The exhaust is wide open as expected.

Something going on with fuel lines. Maybe just safety oriented as you would not need anything else fuel wise, even with a TT or Whipple.

Lots of weight saving gear, but the cage is extensive as it extends to the engine bay for cross support. I would guess the cage weight about what they saved witht eh other gear they removed.

Wheel hubs are different and use a single large nut.

Other pics show the Side clam vents open and the top vents removed. Looks like something was fab'd for the air box for sure.

I have also noticed some changes to the front grille opening in the series of pics posted so far.

Is it possible that the stock air box vents are being used as rear brake cooling ducts? or perhap additional oil coolers or just blowing on the trans itself. Sure would be interesting to see what they have found out. It's pretty obvious they are not cutting track days short.

Who has some intel on this project?

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
looks like a simple pulley and tune to me :wink:lol j/k

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I love the way it blows fire 3 feet out the back. I bet he doesn't get a lot of people riding his ass thru the turns.

Desi

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2006
Germany
Yup it does look stock.
Who has some intel on this project?

Me - will post some infos and pics later
Desi

Last edited:

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'd sure like to see this car run in person. Very impressive. :thumbsup

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Flames

I love the way it blows fire 3 feet out the back. I bet he doesn't get a lot of people riding his ass thru the turns.

A while back Blu Moose posted a link to the FIA GT site. There was a great down and away photo with mucho flames coming from the GT. It has been my favorite screen saver ever since.

Nice to watch the 'puter wake up to the flame thrower GT.

A couple of weeks ago I was a the track with my GT. I was there to take a young man, Andrew, for a 1/2 hour ride in my GT. His folks bought it for him at a Rotary Auction for his 16th birthday present. As it was a lapping day, the passing zones were pretty confining.

Another driver was following us in his track Elise. After a few laps of being the leader, I motioned for the Elise to pass us, as I wanted Andrew see what following a car on the track looked like. The Elise driver just kept following us and ignored my o.k. to pass signal for another lap. I slowed way down, nearly to a complete stop, and the Elise finally passed us.

After the session was over, I went over to talk with the driver of the Lotus, as I wanted to know why he didn't pass. He said it was "so beautiful to watch the flames coming out of the exhaust on the GT he wanted stay behind and enjoy the sight" !

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jeff- What exhaust are you running? I didn't know street cars could shoot flames! :thumbsup

Desi

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2006
Germany
Exhaust sounds very impressive :wink
Desi

Attachments

• Matech_1.jpg
    Matech_1.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 274
  • Matech_2.jpg
    Matech_2.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
After the session was over, I went over to talk with the driver of the Lotus, as I wanted to know why he didn't pass. He said it was "so beautiful to watch the flames coming out of the exhaust on the GT he wanted stay behind and enjoy the sight" !

That's awesome! You need to get some video of your car.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
What part of Germany?

My partner and I have a plant in Konken Germany and I was wondering if your close maybe my next trip over I could (if it is ok with you) stop by to see your GT in person?

Here is alink to the facility in Germany.
http://www.jr-richter.de/Rallye/Rallye.htm

Desi

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2006
Germany
Konken? Never heard about it. Seems to be in the south, right? I am living in Berlin. If you wanna stop by one day, you are always welcome. Shoot me a PM when you plan to visit good old Germany next time. I guess you wanna try a GT on the Autobahn ;-)

Desi

My partner and I have a plant in Konken Germany and I was wondering if your close maybe my next trip over I could (if it is ok with you) stop by to see your GT in person?

Here is alink to the facility in Germany.
http://www.jr-richter.de/Rallye/Rallye.htm

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Konken? Never heard about it. Seems to be in the south, right? I am living in Berlin. If you wanna stop by one day, you are always welcome. Shoot me a PM when you plan to visit good old Germany next time. I guess you wanna try a GT on the Autobahn ;-)

Desi

Yes I am in the south just north of Saarbucken. When I fly in I land in Frankfurt. Next time I come I will PM you. Autobahn is the best.

Desi

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2006
Germany
Autobahn is the best.

Yap - especially if you have a GT :wink
Desi

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Jeff- What exhaust are you running? I didn't know street cars could shoot flames! :thumbsup

At least your white car will do it. On the way back from Indy Camilo said my car was shooting flames that were very visible once it got darker out. Same mods as your white one I think.

The key to getting a big flame is to really wind it up hard near max rpm and just completely let off. You should bust out some flames at that point. Steve Millen told me that's what does it on his, and it seems like that's what caused it on mine as well.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Not to share a kill story, since I never violate the laws of man and nature. A certain GT3
was tail gating me. I increased my safety margin, Then saw my exit ramp coming up, backed off hard and down shifted, I was told that the flames where three feet long... The GT3 pilot damn near drove off the road... damn Volkswagens :)

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington

standard GT muffler. RPMS close to rev limiter. I'll get photo's next time out. Jeff