MarkH new Texas Mile record 293.6 mph

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Ohhhh myyyyyy!! Congrats Mark and team. Is this not the greatest car ever created?? No newer built turbo cars (gallardo, huracan, gt-r) can compete with a 12 year old car!!! Get that 280 off the side!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
The cockpit video doesn't give you the sense of just how fast they are moving.

The outside shots on the other hand are insane. Go Lord that car is moving fast.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Holy s..t that's fast!

Congrats Mark and team!

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Total commitment and monster nads!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Leave it to the Texans to get 'er done!

Ed

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
"The Old Ford GT Is Actually The Fastest Car In The World"

http://jalopnik.com/the-old-ford-gt-is-actually-the-fastest-car-in-the-worl-1793676237

"The fact that besides the engine, the Ford GT is mostly stock and working well speaks a lot about the engineering behind the base car."

"Based on the car's onboard data, it runs 9.60 at 160 mph in the quarter mile as it accelerates up to speed! The car is not even at full throttle at this point."

"The run through the mile takes about 22 seconds and the car is not into its full power until the last 10 to 12 seconds of the run."

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/4181/M2K-Motorsports-280-mph-Ford-GT.aspx

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that red is NOT the fastest color. Sorry Dr. Frank. I don't even know those guys at M2K but I couldn't be more proud of them even if they were my own family. Congratulations to all of you. I've been sending the jalopnik link to everyone I know.

Junkie

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2017
What a monster! Congrats guys

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
"The fact that besides the engine, the Ford GT is mostly stock and working well speaks a lot about the engineering behind the base car."

After reading the article the car is amazingly stock. Speaks volumes about Ford's engineering and Camilo's design.

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Outstanding achievement! Only more and better things to come. Congrats.
Bruce

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Congrats Mark and Kevin on your achievement! I am so excited to be living in this era of the GT, NFGT, and Ford Motor Company. Having witnessed the Ford GT wins at Le Mans and Daytona, I am certain we will look back at this period of automotive history as one of the best!
Here's to what's still yet to come!!! GO FORD!!!!!!!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Wow braking zone must be unsettling, as the car spun while still at about 100 turning onto a taxiway.

What an accomplishment. Well done

unless they have changed it since Ive been there a few years ago there is actually a really nasty bump a little after the end of the mile marker exactly when you are going to be hard on the brakes, very unsettling going over 200 mph and trying to stop and having to deal with a bump all at the same time.

the videos and the this whole thread..... Im going to use my limited vocabulary and describe it as simply badass!

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
unless they have changed it since Ive been there a few years ago there is actually a really nasty bump a little after the end of the mile marker exactly when you are going to be hard on the brakes, very unsettling going over 200 mph and trying to stop and having to deal with a bump all at the same time.

the videos and the this whole thread..... Im going to use my limited vocabulary and describe it as simply badass!

New location. It's in Victoria now.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Smooth, clean and fast at the Victoria air strip but still a challenge to stop at the end at those speeds!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Official Video

[video=youtube;DnCsQPpY6xA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnCsQPpY6xA&feature=player_embedded[/video]

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Mark, is that the same wrap you've had on a few years?? Impressive wrap to withstand those speeds numerous times!!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
What tires are you running? Hoosiers? It looks like you have stock base wheels.

Magnificent!

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Just noticed the Ahlman Engineering sticker just in front of the "gas cap" lever. NICE