Mark & Sean's 232 mph Texas Mile Run

Seank

Texas Mile Record Holder
Jun 2, 2011
Katy
I would just like to say a thank you to the Hennessey Organization for giving me a chance to drive such an incredible car. This car made good power and no doubt my driving skills aren’t the best. The car in 1st through 3rd was extremely hairy to the throttle. On the 232 run you can see by the short shift that I broke the tires loose in 1st gear. Then in 3rd gear the track and power had a lot to do with me pedaling the car. All in all, we did pretty well for not driving the car at all prior to coming out and running only 5 runs for the weekend. I started driving Mark’s car back in 2009 and coming from a car that would make 200 mph on a good day to one that will put 235 mph up on a bad day is a big accomplishment to Mark and Hennessey Performance. I look forward to the Texas Mile in October and hope to see more GTs make a showing.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I would just like to say a thank you to the Hennessey Organization for giving me a chance to drive such an incredible car. This car made good power and no doubt my driving skills aren’t the best. The car in 1st through 3rd was extremely hairy to the throttle. On the 232 run you can see by the short shift that I broke the tires loose in 1st gear. Then in 3rd gear the track and power had a lot to do with me pedaling the car. All in all, we did pretty well for not driving the car at all prior to coming out and running only 5 runs for the weekend. I started driving Mark’s car back in 2009 and coming from a car that would make 200 mph on a good day to one that will put 235 mph up on a bad day is a big accomplishment to Mark and Hennessey Performance. I look forward to the Texas Mile in October and hope to see more GTs make a showing.

I'll be there with 1049hp. ;)

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Great video! Congratulations, considering the wind!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Soroush I would guess it made around 1300rwhp.

Gentlemen,

Using Apollo and Mullet as benchmarks, if we assume that it takes 1000 rwhp to accelerate a Ford GT to 225 MPH in the standing mile in still air, the rwhp required to accelerate a Ford GT to 235 mph into a 20 mph headwind (255 mph airspeed) is approximately 1400 rwhp. With 0 wind according to my math and physics Mark's GT would have run 251 mph and would have set a new Texas Mile record for wheel driven (non jet) cars. Every dyno is different but the physics of drag and wind resistance are what they are. What Mark achieved with a brand new untested build is amazing. Cheers.

Chip

Last edited:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
What Mark achieved with a brand new untested build is amazing. Cheers.

Agreed... and a HUGE testament to the knowledge, history, and skills of the great people that comprise Hennessey!!!! Simply amazing.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Gentlemen,

Using Apollo and Mullet as benchmarks, if we assume that it takes 1000 rwhp to accelerate a Ford GT to 225 MPH in the standing mile in still air, the rwhp required to accelerate a Ford GT to 235 mph into a 20 mph headwind (255 mph airspeed) is approximately 1400 rwhp. With 0 wind according to my math and physics Mark's GT would have run 251 mph and would have set a new record for wheel driven (non jet) cars. Every dyno is different but the physics of drag and wind resistance are what they are. What Mark achieved with a brand new untested build is amazing. Cheers.

Chip

X2 chip.
This car will go 250 in no or little headwind with the power they have now. Very impressive.....