Man does this look good (blue side stripe only)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Don't know what it is but this thing just kills me in this combo...
2005BJCCA2_983_Spc.jpg

2005BJCCA2_983_34.jpg

Am I the only that thinks it looks really good this way for some reason?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
centerpunch said:
Mine looks even better without the side stripes!

Need proof before further judgement!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Pulled the trigger?

Centerpunch, does this mean you pulled the trigger? Is it in a new home?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Meh, it's ok :wink

Finally!!!:cheers

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
That dark blue in the right light is deep isn't it. And it "hides" some of the car's rather wide body seams. Personal taste, of course, but I agree with Centerpunch, no tape on the sides. And IMO the standard wheels just "fit" the classic lines of this car so much better than the optional forged ones. I know they're heavier and they do obstruct the view of the brake assembly a bit more but . . . I guess for the majority of guys who won't go the custom wheel route, we should all just get both sets and be done with it!

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Centerpoint-

Congrats on finally getting your new ride. I am happy you decided to pull the trigger.

Are you coming to Detroit in August?

PRDATR

GT Owner
Jan 9, 2006
Michigan, Upper Peninsula
detroit

Congrats, Centerpunch :thumbsup I'm looking forward to seeing your destriped blue as well as a bunch of other combinations that I haven't seen. Detroit should be eye-candy heaven!!

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Congratulations, Centerpunch. Very often, less is more. Your car looks great.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
centerpunch said:
Yes, picked it up last thursday, drove it home, and it's been raining ever since!

Wait a minute - so that's it? After all of the waffeling and making everybody wonder if you, the GOD of GT info (and the leader of the drag race pussys :biggrin), would finally buy you say

well..........yes.

What happened to a big announcement, fireworks, headlines, and all that other hoopla?

:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

Well, anyway 'BOUT TIME and CONGRATS

Didn't you say you would make your decision when you saw it? Obviously you liked it, but what was your initial feeling at first look? Love at first glance?

Last edited:

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
I still think the side stripes w/o middle stripe look awesome on the midnight blue.,

On my midnight blue one they painted the middle stripes (as I had ordered), today, if I could I would (in hindsight) have ordered mine without the middle stripes with only the side stripes. And maybe in Black, but blue is cool. Agree with center on the wheel choice, however the breakpads look best in gunpowder..

I guess we all have second thought some times... However, it's like choosing between D and DD cup size... Don't mind either, if they move alright ! .. (Back to the tech threads..)

stefan

HJP

GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 13, 2005
Chicago
Congrats centerpunch! :cheers

It looks great! This first GT I saw was October 2004 Blue no stripes standard wheels - fell in love.

Look forward to meeting in Detroit!