Major Problems After Installing My 2.7

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hey guys.
I bought a 2.7 pulley and SCT tune a while back form Dallas Mustang (who was once had banner advertising on this site)

Anyway - I mounted the pulley and loaded the SCT tune the way it was described in the manual. There was two options (strip or street) and I went for the street tune.

I fired up the engine, and straight off she sounded very well indeed.
But when I reved the engine twice short after each other, it sounded like it was choking as it didn't really rev probably. I then took the car on the road and this was when problems really got worse.

As soon as I went WOT, I got a REALLY bad misfire and cut-off/kick-back sound as well as grey smoke telling me that I have an ingnition or airflow problem. I don't think it fuel (the grey smoke tells me I got plenty running through), but my thoughts go a bit towards that the tune could be wrong..

Any ideas??

PS: I got no way of taking the car to a tuning shop that knows anything about the GT - we got none og those in Denmark I'm afaid...

PPS: I'm ment to take the car to a cancer charity event monday, and a lot of young kids with cancer are looking forward to be taking round a daninsh racing track - wouldn't like to disapoint them...:-(

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Hey guys.
I bought a 2.7 pulley and SCT tune a while back form Dallas Mustang (who was once had banner advertising on this site)

Anyway - I mounted the pulley and loaded the SCT tune the way it was described in the manual. There was two options (strip or street) and I went for the street tune.

I fired up the engine, and straight off she sounded very well indeed.
But when I reved the engine twice short after each other, it sounded like it was choking as it didn't really rev probably. I then took the car on the road and this was when problems really got worse.

As soon as I went WOT, I got a REALLY bad misfire and cut-off/kick-back sound as well as grey smoke telling me that I have an ingnition or airflow problem. I don't think it fuel (the grey smoke tells me I got plenty running through), but my thoughts go a bit towards that the tune could be wrong..

Any ideas??

PS: I got no way of taking the car to a tuning shop that knows anything about the GT - we got none og those in Denmark I'm afaid...

PPS: I'm ment to take the car to a cancer charity event monday, and a lot of young kids with cancer are looking forward to be taking round a daninsh racing track - wouldn't like to disapoint them...:-(

Reinstall the factory tune and report back. That should solve the problem in the short short.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Be very careful with the stock tune and the pulley....Heffner was very clear about not driving it without the tune on it once the pulley was done....

Did you buy the intake sleeve? You could be getting colapse of the intake tube due to the pressure.

Go back through the posts and see if you can find Rich and Dennis phone number over here and give them a call. I kind of wonder if you shouldn't just load the factory back on and then push down the street tune again. The strip tune is probably just going to give you more timing.

Matt

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.

I'm going to do the 2nd June one now in the GT. I was the one last year in the Noble. Jyllandsringen was fun in the Noble but I'm guessing it's a bit small for the GT.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
That was also my thoughts... but I'm not in time to get the intake tube support..:-(

Did you buy the intake sleeve? You could be getting colapse of the intake tube due to the pressure.

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
That was also my thoughts... but I'm not in time to get the intake tube support..:-(

Dallas Mustang did my dynotune a couple of months ago and were great to work with. Have you contacted Jason or Archie there to get their input?

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
one of 101

Did you get a MIFia with the tune ?? I just got a 3.0" pulley installed and it PEGED the MAF. Did you get a new belt too ?? KB yays that you NEED a smaller belt or their KIT, with any pulley LESS than 3.0". Even ROUSH Provides a new belt with their kit.

AMB

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
It's not the sleeve, I've seen the 2.5 pulley on a dyno with sleeve collapsing and it didn't run very badly. Sounds like the tune, check the plugs also. If you can't get resolution from Dallas, I'm sure one of the other tuners could help.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Latest Update!!!

Tried both the "strp" and "strt" modes both with MASSIVE boost pegs - even at half throttle is saw the needle go past 15 psi..!!!! :ack

In desperation I then reinstalled the standard programme (even knowing that this is not good at all) but suddenly - I had my wonderful GT back, with some increased boost I might add. Just did a few 1st and 2nd gear pulls - and MAN, I'm now a small diameter fan!!

Coming back to the story on where I bought the pulley and tune. Well in the same shipment from Dallas mustang I ordered a short-shifter kit, and when the stuff showed up, they'd sent me a Mustang shift kit. When I called them and explaned the matter, they demanded proof in the form of pictures that it was indeed a Mustang shifter I received - mind you that the shifter was included in a total order for headers, Borla, shifter, trans-cooler, K&N, pulley, SCT - and that was all times two (both for a friend and my own GT) Thanks for trusting loyal and big spending customers Dallas Mustang.

Now I'm just sitting here wondering - Did I get a SCT tune for a Mustang, a Focus or perhaps a special GT built to take the abuse of 67psi...

One will never find out - cuz I'm from this moment placing my business elsewhere...

:bs

Can someone sell me a tune and email it to me - in order for me to simply connect my SCT unit to my PC with a USB cable?? Do I need some SCT software - or how can it be done??

Thanks

Reinstall the factory tune and report back. That should solve the problem in the short short.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Did you get a MIFia with the tune ?? I just got a 3.0" pulley installed and it PEGED the MAF. Did you get a new belt too ?? KB yays that you NEED a smaller belt or their KIT, with any pulley LESS than 3.0". Even ROUSH Provides a new belt with their kit.

AMB

I have no way of checking the MAF - all I got was the SCT unit, and I've got no dyno access.

Did not get a shorter belt - but I've got no slipping so far..

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
It's not the sleeve, I've seen the 2.5 pulley on a dyno with sleeve collapsing and it didn't run very badly. Sounds like the tune, check the plugs also. If you can't get resolution from Dallas, I'm sure one of the other tuners could help.

Left a message and sent an email to Torrie - so I hope he gets back to me ASAP...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
SCT's biggest customer is on this board as a sponsor, contact him.
Also, the Shadowman is an expert here as well, these tunes can be down loaded, loaded back up, etc. There is much misinformation be circulated.
I have a gut feel, but am light years away from speaking with authority.
Baron is also as sharp as a tack, of course Torrie is as well... good luck, keep us posted.

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
I'd be happy to send you a tune file that will get the car running properly. Give me a call at your convenience 941-713-2944 and give me the specifics of the combination.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Direct Email sent. I'll do whatever I can to get this solved for you !

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Test file sent

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Torrie saved the day!!!

Well - Torrie was the savior, it just took him "a flash" to email me a new file, and that was all it took..

10 min later I was night-ridin' at 200MPH, and she ran like clock-work... :thumbsup

Torrie thanks a ton - you're the man...

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
- and that rev-limit now set a 7K.. uhmmmm sweeet :biggrin

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Guys, it was very cool to sit back and watch everyone rally around a member with advise and help. Then poof he's back together and the date with the kids gets kept! :thumbsup This place is great for many reasons, one of them we all just witnessed!:cheers

Aug 25, 2006
I have no way of checking the MAF - all I got was the SCT unit, and I've got no dyno access.

Did not get a shorter belt - but I've got no slipping so far..

I just read your update as the result of Torrie's assistance; VERY COOL indeed.

Now have fun with her and enjoy the new power

Be safe as you get to know each other once again

Takes care

Shadowman

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
TORRIE AND HEFFNER ROCK:thumbsup