Made Wife Crazy With Gt Parts Car!

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
I just get a call from my loving wife , 2 huge boxes were droppred at the front door, thinking it was maybe some kind of mothers day gift, she just had to take a peek a boo. ONLY TO FIND A 2005 RED WITH WHITE STRIPE , DETROYED FRONT AND REAR NOSE , PLUS ALL OTHER HANGING OFF GOODIES, :biggrin Cant wait to get home :biggrin , remember me in 20 years when you need that little clip that ford wont be making in about 3 months :biggrin WELL THE BARN COLLECTION HAS STARTED ANY ONE ELSE WITH PARTS , WHEELS ECT, IM STILL GAME , HOPEFULLY I CAN EMAIL SOME PICTURES OF THE BOXES, MY SON SAYS , WHOOW , UHH, WHOOW, UH COOL DAD, SO I TAKE IT MUST BE NEAT. :thumbsup GTJOEY 1314 AND BOTTOM FISHING THOSE TOTALLED GT S ALL DAY LONG. ENJOY

The Great One

Apr 29, 2006
Melbourne, Florida
gtjoey said:
I just get a call from my loving wife , 2 huge boxes were droppred at the front door, thinking it was maybe some kind of mothers day gift, she just had to take a peek a boo. ONLY TO FIND A 2005 RED WITH WHITE STRIPE , DETROYED FRONT AND REAR NOSE , PLUS ALL OTHER HANGING OFF GOODIES, :biggrin Cant wait to get home :biggrin , remember me in 20 years when you need that little clip that ford wont be making in about 3 months :biggrin WELL THE BARN COLLECTION HAS STARTED ANY ONE ELSE WITH PARTS , WHEELS ECT, IM STILL GAME , HOPEFULLY I CAN EMAIL SOME PICTURES OF THE BOXES, MY SON SAYS , WHOOW , UHH, WHOOW, UH COOL DAD, SO I TAKE IT MUST BE NEAT. :thumbsup GTJOEY 1314 AND BOTTOM FISHING THOSE TOTALLED GT S ALL DAY LONG. ENJOY

Hmmmm, thats sounds like a pretty good idea. Good luck with it. :thumbsup

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
I too say good luck. :thumbsup
I'll keep you in mind when I decide to step up to one. :cheers

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
First off, 92nsx, you are a gentleman and have a great buisness practice, for all that do not know , i have been using all posted companies for parts, help ect. never to be let down by 92 nsx , having patients and knowledge really does make me feel comfortable with your services. THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN. To all others i will keep you posted as usual, the parts today came off a damamged 05 with under 100 miles on it. REMEMBER , im trying to build a network , not for money gain but for future use of our cars.HOPEFULLY IF DBK SHOWS ME HOW I CAN POST PICTURES OF EACH PART, THEY REALLY, REALLY MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND THE BUILDING OF EACH PART AND HOW THEY WORK, hopefully in a year or two we can publish a book , mag. ect posting, markings on each part, pictures on how each goes together ect. :thumbsup SCRAPS THAT ARE USELESS I THINK I WILL BRING IN AUG,AND RAFFLE OFF WITH WORKERS SIGNATURES :thumbsup WHAT ELSE CAN WE DO WITH IT, ITS A SHAME TO THROW EVEN THE SMALLEST PARTS OUT.. ENJOY GTJOEY 1314 CIAO CIAO

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
Joey,
Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm very glad you feel that way. :cheers

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Thank you my friend, enjoy gtjoey 1314 :thumbsup

Desi

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2006
Germany
Joey,
please post some pictures! :thumbsup
Desi

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'll send you a play-by-play on how to upload the pics Joey.

P.S, according to the DVD I have hosted by Rick Titus, parts will be available for the car stored at a warehouse in Memphis for the next 15 years. :cheers

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
DBK, thanks maybe tomorrow i will call you so i can post and edit, thank you. Ive recieved 3 emails over the weekend , some neat stuff as to more cars , people wanting and needing stuff, this can take off , as long as its for fun or to help out another gt guy, guys , team ect :wink , Ive got the space, like ive posted before if i run into a whole car i will call back all that are interested and we can make some kind of deal ,also my florida buddy is looking for parts to for his sons future in the car, we are on the right, early track to preserving this legend for a long time...cant wait to post the back facia panel is a trip by itself, the headlight unit is detailed with at least 30 marked, labeled and stamped parts, this will be fun to the real enthusiast, thanks guys enjoy gtjoey 1314. DBK LOOKS LIKE IM IN DETROIT NEXT SUN, MON , TUES, ROUND UP THE BOYS, SHELBY TOO, TEE HEE :thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
For what it's worth, last night I talked to the Viper repair guy who had the wrecked all white GT on e-bay. He is repairing the car and says parts are extremely easy to get, usually taking no more than 3 days for major stuff. A full frame is $55K, hood $3K, etc. He was surprised at the ease of obtaining parts for the front end damage, said it was much easier and cheaper than Viper stuff.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
I am looking for a clutch to rebuild to handle more hp. I was wondering if you would be interested in selling one?

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
fjpikul, , im surprised to at some of the stuff, but im really talking about picking something apart for knowledge, detail work, paint oversrpay, ect. then the benefit of these spare parts hanging around. HOPEFULLY DBK IS CALLING SOON COUGH , COUGH SO I CAN POST, thanks , enjoy gtjoey 1314

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
If im reading all these email in the right sequense :willy , your right whitep, im storing , preserving ect, i cant see a company worth 50 cents a share, oops not yet :eek saving parts for 15 years that only 3,000 about were produced, if thats what you mean? HOPEFULLY IF DBK CALLS BACK I CAN POST THE FIRST WAVE. :biggrin anywho, seeing carmillo saturday, will fill all in after that. enjoy gtjoey scouring the universe for gt anything...and beyond. :thumbsup

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
One thing you have to consider about parts becoming obsolete and not becoming.
It is pretty much based on the # of times that part is needed not necessarily how old the vehicle is.
Couple of examples. I had to get an axle shaft for a 96 F800 the other day. It was discontinued 2 1/2 years ago from FMC. You say how can that be? The truck isn't even 10 yrs old yet. You are right but since there are literally 100's of different axle housing, ratios, weight capacities, etc that you have to take into consideration then it doesn't make economical since to make all those different possiblities. One FMC dealer still had it in stock and was more than happy to sell at 30% off cost.
On the other hand, I can still get lots of parts for 86 F150. Weatherstrips, mouldings, 1/4 panels and other items.
Can't get headlamps for 86-91 Taurus though. :confused
So you see, just because they only make them for a few years doesn't mean a whole lot right now.
Of course I would rather everyone be safe rather than sorry and buy lots of parts from me to keep them for future use, but that is just the salesman in me talking. :thumbsup
BTW,
White, Thank you very much for the kind words. Sorry for having to keep calling you back so many times. Just wanted to make sure I had all right info from you before I proceeded. And I haven't forgot about those pieces behind the seats either. Had to leave a little early today but will check it out again tomorrow morning.