Lug nut lock

Mamzer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2006
South Florida
First let me say I'm an idiot. Second, Can someone get me Derry's info so I can e-mail,call, or PM him. Now to the story. I am having a full set of new shoes put on my car and.....thats right the dealer says can't locate the key for the beautiful lugs I bought from Derry. I feel like a dolt but I thought I left it wiyh the car. Makes sense right. Apparently I didn't or so the dealer says. HELP!!!!!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Uh.... maybe you got different ones from Derry, but most of us just got normal lugs that have been fluted. A normal socket will fit and work.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
21mm Socket

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
I have 2 sets and there are no locks with them.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Uh.... maybe you got different ones from Derry, but most of us just got normal lugs that have been fluted. A normal socket will fit and work.

Uh...(Kendall, that's the best part)

Uh...That just might be why I haven't let a dealer do work on my car...:lol

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Uh...(Kendall, that's the best part)

Uh...That just might be why I haven't let a dealer do work on my car...:lol

As well as a burned out clutch from another forum member when he had his car serviced. I guess the clutch was on its last legs when the tech moved to and from the service bay.

Mamzer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2006
South Florida
I'm the nut

Sorry to post such an idiotic thing but when I got the call from the Dealer I thought (notice I didn't write assume) he might know since the car was there and I wasn't. Anyway I told him to check the car again and he realized I (you guys) was right. I let him think he was the only moron on the phone. Thanks again to the instant response and great info.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Sorry to post such an idiotic thing but when I got the call from the Dealer I thought (notice I didn't write assume) he might know since the car was there and I wasn't. Anyway I told him to check the car again and he realized I (you guys) was right. I let him think he was the only moron on the phone. Thanks again to the instant response and great info.

No problem, it's not an idiotic thing. When you just glance at them, they have "star" pattern that looks like they have a "key". I am sure you and your mechanic would have figured it out.

However, I will take this opportunity to point out that I have never asked an "idiotic" question here on the forum, and that I know everything about everything. Please excuse me while I log out and move my chair before I struck by lightning....

Last edited:

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
As any moron knows, in unity there is strength, morons united.