Lower Black Edge below Doors

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
Today i noticed that the lower black edge below the doors were missing 3 tork screws on each side. There is a pattern though. Both sides were the same. There are holes in the body but no tork screws. Has anyoneone else noticed theirs?

VIN1591

GT Owner
Oct 27, 2005
Easton, MA
Mine is the same. Maybe it's Fords way of keeping the weight down :lol :lol

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
FRANK, nice talking to you yesterday, i will look tonite and call you /or email .thanks gtjoey1314 :thumbsup

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
HI FRANK, JUST CHECKED , MINE IS THE SAME ALSO. DIDNT TAKE A REAL CLOSE LOOK , CAN THE OTHER HOLES BE WEEP OR EXPANSION HOLES IF WATER PASSES THROUGH OR COLD? I REALLY CANT SEE THEY ARE SAVING ON A COUPLE OF SCREWS? maybe theres no thread on the empty ones? ENJOY GTJOEY 1314 :thumbsup

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Frank, same thing, maybe they are there for weeping of water? cold expansion. I cant see them gaining on 6 screws per car? enjoy the snow, gtjoey 1314 :thumbsup

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
Joe: Do we have a contact at the Factory that can verify why this was done? I could ask my dealer but they would not know.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
WILL TRY MY FRIEND, LETS SEE WHAT WE CAN DO. GTJOEY :thumbsup

Docrug

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Mansfield, Tx
Docrug

While all you guys are down there looking for loose screws... check and see if you cars have a factory installed bulge just below and to the rear of the passenger door. My car #1211 had one when we picked it up at the dealer and I cant see anyway for anything to have gotten behind it to do this after the car was built? Any ideas?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Docrug said:
While all you guys are down there looking for loose screws... check and see if you cars have a factory installed bulge just below and to the rear of the passenger door. My car #1211 had one when we picked it up at the dealer and I cant see anyway for anything to have gotten behind it to do this after the car was built? Any ideas?

Mine had it as well. I put it up on the rack and took a look. It was a cluster of Alum. tubing lines that were resting aginst the pannel. It took some time but I was able to pull them about 1/2inch closer to the center of the car and after a week or so the pannel went back to shape.

Docrug

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Mansfield, Tx
docrug

SteveA said:
Mine had it as well. I put it up on the rack and took a look. It was a cluster of Alum. tubing lines that were resting aginst the pannel. It took some time but I was able to pull them about 1/2inch closer to the center of the car and after a week or so the pannel went back to shape.
Thanks a bunch! I'll give that a try & let you know. :thumbsup