Lots of FGTs being offered at auction according to Hagerty

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Facts don't change. Opinions are subject to change. I see Kayvan's argument. I like the NFGT. Very sharp but a step away from the classic form. The average Joe looking at the NFGT very well may not recognize it as a Ford GT unless he knows what it is. The FGT is most of the time going to be recognized as a "GT40" or Ford GT. The Gen II just doesn't incorporate design cues from the GT40 it follows the aesthetic design and form on purpose to bring the GT40 in updated but unmistakeable form back to life.

While the Gen II FGT was not drawn and created for purpose of homolgation it nevertheless had a successful racing career in private hands with Robertson and Matech. In fact, if memory serves wasn't one of the Matech cars leading in class at the FGT's return to LeMans for quite a time until it was taken out by an LMP car????

Point is that for a car that was not built for the purpose of competing it did a damn good job of it in privateer hands.

Not sure whats more impressive. A car that wasn't built and designed to win in compeition as its sole purpose but it does so anyway in privateer hands without millions in factory backing and support or a car that is built by the manufacturer for the sole purpose of racing with millions in factory support which wins. If that "purpose built" car loses the argument clearly exists the Gen II was more impressive considering all the facts and surrounding circumstances.

I like the NFGT. Very sharp but it clearly has cues from not only the Ford GT but to me the Aventador and Enzo.
The Gen II is all GT40 in its shape.

I am of the view that all boats rise with the tide. If the NFGT wins at LeMans, and I hope to see it win, values of all GTs will rise quite a bit. MHO.

I believe that the limited number of NFGT's and resale restrictions will keep them unobtainable by the mere mortal. I see values of Gen II cars rising. Heck if Testarosa's are climbing in value the FGTs should be walking all over them in value.

As for me getting an NFGT, I will complete an application but won't be holding my breath. My plan is to acquire a '17 GT3RS if not the NFGT.

Last edited: