MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
interesting...

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
If the top is included and works, it may be the only one of a kind. A true exclusive, rarity. What would that be worth? I believe a number of GTX1 owners would pay a handsome sum for a real top that worked as well as the one I read all about in a Gennadi brochure.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I will leave this ad since non of our PAYING sponsors are selling GTX's...
Normally I delete ads from other dealers to support our PAYING SPONSORS.

But, I guess this car is of interest, so yuk it up... i see Forza motors has no history on ebay and a great imagination.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Would have worked better with just standard doors and cut-out t-top.

The roof cuttouts are relying on door glass for lateral support with 360 degrees of rubber

That a lot of rubber for air, water, whistling, etc.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
If the top is included and works, it may be the only one of a kind. A true exclusive, rarity. What would that be worth? I believe a number of GTX1 owners would pay a handsome sum for a real top that worked as well as the one I read all about in a Gennadi brochure.

I know of a local owner here on the east coast has this same top set up. Car #02. Looks and works great:thumbsup There were some pictures of the car and the top on a thread from the GT guys working at GTJoeys not that long ago.

HJP

GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 13, 2005
Chicago
Interesting. Love to have that top. Tomorrow.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Appears the interior of the roof is all CF. Nice.

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
That roof looks pretty cleanly done. I like it.

Forza has one of the most amazing inventories of any dealer - reventon, mc12, enzos, bugattis...nice to see it rounded out with a GT/GTX1

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
I finally have the Blue cars roof 95% sealed for the Rally. I can still see a little gap through it, and it still leaks a little water. But it's a lot better than I received it. :banana

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
That roof looks pretty cleanly done. I like it.

Forza has one of the most amazing inventories of any dealer - reventon, mc12, enzos, bugattis...nice to see it rounded out with a GT/GTX1

Oh, I know who they are, just what they listed on the ebay ad provoked my remark:wink

cobraownr

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2007
Annapolis, MD
I know of a local owner here on the east coast has this same top set up. Car #02. Looks and works great:thumbsup There were some pictures of the car and the top on a thread from the GT guys working at GTJoeys not that long ago.

My friend Pe2unia is being a bit generous when he says the roof on my GTX1 works "great." I am glad that I have it. It is certainly better than not having a roof. But it is a bit of a kluge, especially to install the center "H" section, and has quite a bit of black molding stuffed here and there to seal it to the car. I also have some concerns about its efficacy on the long term. But, again, I would much rather have this roof than no roof.

TGX1

GT Owner
Nov 27, 2006
Metro Detroit
I too have this hardtop manufactured by GD on my GTX1 #6. It seals well, is as easy to put on and take off as it can be in having 6 fastners (bolts) and looks good. i don't have a bunch of foam, but do have a foam strip that runs the entire length of the back to seal off the top from the vehicle itself. when washing the car, if i direct high pressure water (thanks to Jason's car washing equipment) into the seals I do get some leaking, but relatively little.

I only post this in fairness to whomever is selling there vehicle. Like has been posted on this forum countless times, your own due dillegence on a specific car is required. The car for sale may have a top that works well, or it might leak.

In either case, a soft top that stores in the car sure would be nice. (sorry, i couldn't help it.)

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
All GTs are gorgeous; more like debating a mole on a Supermodel