Looking to ride in/test drive a ford GT

boondocksts

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2006
I have been to 2 dealerships looking at Ford GTs. One dealership wouldn't even let me sit in it, the other one let me sit in it, but said I couldn't test drive one. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to try to get a ride in one or test drive one? I don't want to spend this much money on a car without at least seeing how it drives, which seems to be harder then I thought. I looked at a Carrera GT a few months ago, and while the dealership was not willing to let me drive the car, they offered to send me to a Porsche driving experience to test one.
Any idea? Thanks.

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
The dealership I work for won't let anybody sit in it either. Haven't given any test drives until the car is paid for. I guess they figure if you want that type of car you don't have to drive it to know it.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Easy. Just find a used one at a non-ford dealer. Since it is used, a test drive wont hurt their value.
The dealer wont let anyone test drive them because the future owner of the car will not like it "Devirginized" by someone else.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Very, very few GT owners test drove a GT before buying theirs. The majority probably didn't even sit in one, and guess what, no one has been disappointed. Make the leap, this doesn't need analyzing. The car will exceed your expectations.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Kirby Vieira said:
Very, very few GT owners test drove a GT before buying theirs. The majority probably didn't even sit in one, and guess what, no one has been disappointed. Make the leap, this doesn't need analyzing. The car will exceed your expectations.

What he said :thumbsup

You buy the car to buy the car - how it drives is secondary. Plunk down the money. If you are disappointed, you'll be the first.

Look at the cars some of these guys drive and they tell you the one they love is the Ford. That should tell you something - haven't heard any buyers remorse yet.

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
i let you ride mine..
i am in jacksonville fl though

i think i can put a smile on your face permanently.
heheh

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
piko6 said:
i let you ride mine..
i am in jacksonville fl though

i think i can put a smile on your face permanently.
heheh

And a stain in your shorts.......permanently........ :ack

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I didn't drive a GT before buying one and had only briefly seen one through a crowd of people! I don't think it's strictly necessary to try before you buy as it's not exactly going to disappoint - what potential problems do you think there might be?

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
I agree with everyone. I bought mine based on looks alone, I didn't really care how powerful it was, or how it handled.
I thought I'd be ok with a decent level of performance and all the quirks of certain italian supercars. I was completely stunned by its capabilities once I bought it, though! Never thought it would be so good.

rsilverman

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2006
new jersey
test drive

I certainly would try to at least sit in one if you're not of average body proportions, shall I say delicately. The seats are snug. That being said, I ordered mine never having driven one or seen the color combo, other than pictures, and I am totally thrilled, no regrets!!