Looking for Short Shifter

dunc

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2013
I have tried all leads on the forum to get hold of a short shifter - there appear to be none out there. Some time ago there was talk of a production run being done if there was sufficient takers? I would still like one if anyone has one/would like to make a run?

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
A friend said that he just got one from The GT Guys.
Mark

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
The short throw should have been OEM IMHO. It works much smoother and precisely than the stock set up ever did. I have about 70,000 miles of experience.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The short throw should have been OEM IMHO. It works much smoother and precisely than the stock set up ever did. I have about 70,000 miles of experience.

You and me both. I had one on my mustangs and after that never looked back. I had the gt guys put it on before I ever got it. And I think it could be tighter still. But I still don't know why it wasn't original factory. Maybe they thought they would be driven by little old ladies from pasedena..

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I have tried all leads on the forum to get hold of a short shifter - there appear to be none out there. Some time ago there was talk of a production run being done if there was sufficient takers? I would still like one if anyone has one/would like to make a run?

I have one in stock. Give me a call. Ph#8709318004

zrchris

GT Owner
Aug 12, 2009
Brentwood TN

Again I already have an order in place for a new run which will be available in early 2014. As far as I know the "usual" vendors I supply are also sold out. And so for the moment it is down to individuals who happen to have one on the shelf. I'm sure someone will grab that one from Shelby pretty fast.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
So size does matter....and the shorter guys like the quick action?

Yes I have the short shifter...but I am old and a long shaft is useless.